1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android based infotainment system for Linea T-Jet on a shoestring budget.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Oct 4, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    You get a USB splitter (Its a 2:1 splitter) you can connect that to the Device .
    This will leave you with 2 USB ports dangling out free... 1 can be used for BT while the other can be used for charging the same.

I've used splitters in the past to connect 2 USB devices to a single port but Never used it as a charging point so you can try that before investing on other approaches...
    Its not expensive (may be 300bucks for a good quality splitter) so if it works that's an inexpensive solution

- - - Merged Post - - -

http://www.ainolindia.com/ainol-novo-7-tornado.html

5000rs for a 7" Tab with 1G processor and 1G RAM :shocked
    That's dirt cheap

- - - Merged Post - - -

which scanner are you using to connect to the OBD port?
    Make , model and link to the page please.
    I'm interested
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I now scrapped the idea of using the head rest mount. It rattled like crazy. I fabricated and am using this now.

Thanks for the tip. Will try.

Here is the link to the scanner I have.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    While the first attempt at making a clamp was successful - it was functional, did not rattle and did what it was expected to do very well, I somehow had this feeling I can do much better. So, decided to give another shot at a clamp - minimalistic design, nice looks and finish and look as close to stock as possible - setting these as targets, did another one this week end. While I was at it, also decided to do foot well lights - in red :evil: and also additional boot lighting, again in red. Will let the pictures do the talking.

WP_000210.jpg

WP_000211.jpg

WP_000212.jpg

WP_000213.jpg

WP_000216.jpg

WP_000217.jpg

Since the basic principle - using the elasticity and strength of ABS to clamp on to the existing HU, without screws or any extra modifications - the performance is exactly the same as before. Finish is much better (screwed up trimming the rubber post pasting :( ). Covered in matt black vinyl and added the FIAT logo, just for kicks :D

Rajan
    16 people like this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Awesomeeeeeee awesomeeeee awesomeeeee....clapssss clapsss

tasting the Italian delight!
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Innovation has only a lower limit for Fiaitians. It looks so good:)
  6. hpmadan

hpmadan Timido

Bangalore
    Hello Patchboy,

The setup looks great, could i know where did you source mounting clamp? can i get the details please

Thanks
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Patchyboy, Brilliant work my friend! Simply superb! :up
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Naveen2cool

Thanks sungoa2010
    Thanks hpmadan. The mounting clamp is designed and hand made by yours truly :D. This is the DIY section, isn't it? There is another thread of mine where I have posted a drawing of the first clamp that I fabricated. This one is just an improvisation :D

Thanks punto_emotion.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Great work man! Looks perfect in pics and I'm sure looks even cooler in reality.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Great work PathcyBoy!! You should start manufacturing and shipping these for others!!