1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Apps for FIAT Cars

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Viny, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Bassman

Bassman Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    Potentially noon question to the experts: how accurate are the torque and power readings from the ELM327 box + Android app compared to a proper full blown dyno test?

I'm planning to buy a racechip in the very near future and would like to measure the performance improvement on the same. As a tuning box 'fools' the ecu, how accurate would these readings be once a tuning box is on?
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

There will be alteast 5-10% difference if I am not wrong. Definitely not accurate.
    Myself using ELM327 box chinese make. The bluetooth frequency is little slow.

Below one is pretty good and fast in capturing the parameters as per few tuners.

Else for normal public, its chinese make or VGate is good as well.
    Be careful, few of the chinese ones in Ebay are fake and does not work after few weeks.

Running a dyno costs 5-6000 per hr in SpitFire, Coimbatore. Ultimately, the driveability should improve.
    Its a costly affair for running dyno.

Instead of racechip, please do check Viezu remap which VFM. I think they have Pune branch.
    Bassman likes this.
  3. sahne

sahne Timido

Linea 1.3
    Lancia Can Bus App did not work for me