1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Apps for FIAT Cars

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Viny, Jun 16, 2014.

1. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune

Hi Viny,

I know this reply is bit late. I am an android developer and would be happy pitch in. I have a thought can we use this app to solve the problem for Ranjan DIY where he was not able to mute the media when he received a call.
    Sreekanth.ng and prabhjot like this.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks theFiatguy,

I am sure we can take this to next level, as the current dev doesnt have access to FIAT cars so its taking a lot of time to develop ahead.
    Drop me a pm with your skype or gmail id and then we can connect and see what can be done.
    VahanPujari likes this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Quite an interesting thread....
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A bit of Off-topic. This device looks good for the Car. It is still in pre-order. But a real good HUD with OBD II connector... Pre-order price is $299. https://www.navdy.com/
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I think @Viny is pointing to simulating message from mobile app which are send over canbus when we use controls. For example, volume up/down button, Folder access, to switch on ACC etc.

The device you pointed is similar to BnM with Navigation available abroad. Well, this being latest gadget, it has some additional features like gesture control, HUD integration.
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @MakeTheMove, the device mentioned is running android platform. It is new and they are exploring more options. So probably with voice commands these things may come up in future... As well the power goes to the device from OBD not from cigarette lighter charging point...
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 17, 2014 ---
    As well I mentioned that it is off-topic except the android...
    MakeTheMove likes this.
  7. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Today I tried to connect Lancia CanBus running on Android device with newly accquired ELM327 bluetooth on Linea T-Jet 2011 model, but I couldn't able to connect it. I was regularly getting these two error messages on screen. Attached are the screen shots of the same errors.

Before this I used OBDScope on Symbian as well Android devices and it worked perfectly well. Attached below are the screen shots also. Can someone help me how to fix this.

Message code in below screenshot is ATCFCO
    1418477083890_Screenshots.jpg

Bluetooth is ON as seen on the top notification bar, still BT off error
    1418477139470_Screenshots.jpg

1418462715391_Screenshots.jpg

1418462770774_Screenshots.jpg

1418462809011_Screenshots.jpg

1418462889596_Screenshots.jpg
  8. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Currently, on ebay.in, there are a variety of scanners available. There are mini ELM 327 scanners available from around 600 onwards. Some claim to send free torque software with the product. Has anyone bought any scanner from ebay with success recently. If so can you please update the product & seller name?
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Appreciate if anyone can suggest a good ELM327 Bluetooth device for my Punto 2012 model that works without tweaks. I get to read about the "R04" resistor removal wherever I search for one.
    Bassman likes this.
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I've directly talked to a seller in Bangalore (who happens to be working in my company!) - as per him, it is just hit or miss. The ELM327 blue/black BT boxes might work sometimes and most of the times not - if you are using it for FIAT. He tried 5-6 BT devices on my car and none worked. I've bought a USB one from him which he guarantees to work - yet to try this in my car.