1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Apps for FIAT Cars

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Viny, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Here is the screenshot of my mjd connected

- - - Merged Post - - -

I have 5 vgates with me brought from different vendors. only 2 work. :)
    I think i should start a business of selling OBD devices , haha

Screenshot_2014-06-27-12-36-06.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Did they work initially and then stopped working or some were dead on arrival types.? On ebay one seller from Gujarat is selling with warranty, maybe worth a look for some. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

One is Vgate tm other is R (registered trademark) then again most are blue ones and some are opaque white casing ones.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    They never worked in first place. i have those blue ones which work
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A bit confusing, you mean all the blue ones or you have white ones which don't work. Could you tell if the ones working have Vgate tm or R printed on them.

- - - Merged Post - - -

There is also a mini version in blue of vgate brand. Maybe you ought to upload a pic or two of working and non-working types. :D
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Italia, you should tell clearly which one works, and which one doesn't :). Or is it random, anyone can work or not work?
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think i may require something like this to connect my wired OBD to the andriod app. This is just for information. I got this while I searched for some possibilities about using my existing OBD scanner with the android app but the cost effectiveness has to be seen. If it is cheaper to buy a bluetooth OBD than to buy a device to convert my exisiting set up then the former would be a wise choice. Anyways, i have some spare time ;) and would like to use it usefully.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bingo!!!!

At least i am thinking similar to someone who had already thought of it and executed. But doing it myself is asking too much for. Don't understand what i am talking of? then click here to read and find out. Can any of you guys can do what this guy did? or at least explain in plain "English" as what to do? If so then i need your help.

Edit:

OK I got what i wanted from elmelectronics.com. Will go through it and try to understand. If you want some unwanted information to overload you guys then click here
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  8. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Viny, I tried to connect to car using this application but I was not able to connect to my car (Sept 2013 T-Jet) with old version.
    Tried with new version, it got connected to car after several attempts and so far I am able to connect to car ONLY once.

Even Italia-Linea tried but no luck. So far this application does not seem to be consistent while connecting to car. But it got connected on earlier batch (2011) Linea T-Jet.
    If possible, please consider this point during development of FIAT specific version.

If you need additional information, if any, from my side, I would be happy to provide that. Please let me know buddy!
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Work is on few more bug fixes and feature enhancement is on...
    Those who were given development version, kindly report the feedbacks, its valuable for development purpose.
    Thanks
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    May be OT. But, I am expecting some kind of App from my organization. Received the below emailer today. :)

sd.jpg