1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Apps for FIAT Cars

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Viny, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Very much possible.
    Can you try to see if canbus log shows anyting?

Click on 0 Kms (top left) it would open up canbus logging section, now open door or press volume key etc, you should see some digits on screen. Save that log.
    We might need a bigger log, that means you taking up ride and doing all basic functions, finally save the log by click on "Save" , which will save a log file in your sd card.

Share the log file and i can check and discuss with dev, if its diesel vs petrol issue or something else.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Blank screen at the logging page.
    Edit: I'll actually do some activity and confirm. I remember doing stuff while trying to log, but let me make sure.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Nice one Viny. I could connect with Lancia software thru can bus. There is one more software called can bus log. If someone is creating a new android app we can do logging thru this software and initiate nodes which can take commands from our android devices. I think ACC, Blue and me, CC etc can be activated easily along with headlights wipers etc.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

@ <strong>Italia-Linea</strong>: Thanks, i will look into that can bus log app too.

<strong>vj_v1</strong> : Given that Italia-Linea got it working on his 1.3 MJD EPK, I guess the issue of Diesel and Petrol doesnt exists, now we need to see if any other punto owner is able to use the software or not.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  5. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    This is an exciting bit of discussion and progress. Fingers crossed. Let's see where this takes us. I am sure there are surprises on the way.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Italia Linea - Were you able to see CAN Logs on LANCIA CAN after connecting? I was able to connect to but nothing else worked after that.

VINY - I tried doing some functions that would generate CAN messages and there was still nothing.

Yeah, lets wait for someone else to test on other cars, I have access to another Punto 90 HP, will give it a try over the weekend. Could be something weird with my BT Scanner too.
  7. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3

Would this work with 2009 Linea's??. I had no luck with torque pro :(
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

@fernandeskaran : I have 2009 Linea :D
    Most of the time issue is cheap chinese ELM327, they act crazy :p
    1 person likes this.
  9. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Wow thats wonderful news. Maybe ill get another scanner sometime soon :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  10. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Appreciate if somebody can advice on which ELM327 OBD Scanner to buy?