1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Apps for FIAT Cars

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Viny, Jun 16, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Exactly my point. Also what I meant was there is an inherent fail-safe with a physical stalk/stick. Turns with positive movements or clicks.

Viny, if you dig more into the LIN terminology I mentioned in the post before you could figure out what I mean. I am sure that will help you in software development also. I will post if I find one where bluetooth Password can be changed.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Steps
    1. Plug in your ELM327 into car OBD Port
    2. On your android device search and pair up with ELM327
    3. Start the Lancia App
    4. Click on 3 dots icon on top right (menu) icon.
    5. You should see a menu like
    64439d1402928877-android-apps-fiat-cars-lanciaapp.jpg
    6. Click on Connect To Car, it will show you all the bluetooth connections. Select your ELM327 Bluetooth connection

Thats it, now you should see the total kms traveled on top left corner. And clickin on Trip, Trip A, Trip B etc should show you all the details.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ok , all those numbers didn't show up when I paired. Will try again.

I mean the kms reading etc was blank
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Breaking my silence here just to post this - THANK YOU VINY. You made my day. Connected perfectly and works flawlessly. Thanks again for opening doors to newer possibilities. The developer of this application will be getting harassed by me soon.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

PatchyBoy Mention Not :)
    I was always on this line, but didnt got time to pursue the interests.
    Now that we have a working app, this is going to help us achieve our goals :)

PS: I am in touch with dev, he has agreed to clone the app for FIAT and is working on it. He need some help with GUI. If anyone one among us can help with that then it would be great :)

Source : http://lanciadeltaobd.blogspot.ru/2014/06/good-news-application-work-at-fiat-linea.html
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    uploadfromtaptalk1403154607326.jpg

Monitoring can bus

uploadfromtaptalk1403154631865.jpg

But nothing on the app. See the green notification on top that it is connected. I'll try on my other phone.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

vj_v1 : Strange, Myself and Patchyboy got it working as of now. Whats the year of your car manufacturing?
    Can you test this again with your car started or key on MAR Position.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    2011 manufactured, MAR and Engine ON - both tested. I can get pretty much everything working on the Torque APP with the same OBD adapter. I'll give it a try on my other Android and then come to a conclusion anyway. Or may be unpair B&M (which is pairing automatically on seeing bluetooth as it is configured to) and try.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Nada with the other phone. Same status.

Looking at your Profile (and since this is working on Rajan's Tjet), i understand that this is again one of those Diesel vs Petrol gotcha's. I can't believe the CAN messages would be different on Diesel vs Petrol. Testing on a diesel LINEA should clarify if this is a LINEA vs PUNTO diff or a Petrol vs Diesel difference.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Give me some time guys. I will test it in my car over this weekend.