1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

And i finally own a Fiat after a long wait :D

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aditya Bhardwaj, May 21, 2015.

1. Aditya Bhardwaj

Aditya Bhardwaj Timido

New Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello everyone. I am very new to the Fiat family and to the TFI club. Let me introduce myself. I am Aditya Bhardwaj from New Delhi. An architect by profession and an automobile enthusiast.

It all started when i saw a Fiat 1100 when i was about 10 yrs old. It struck me and i started following Fiat closely. After a few years, life moved on, i grew up, responsibilities came and their was a need of a car in my family. It had to be a hatchback because of budget constraints. As every new first time car buyer does, my dad bought a Maruti 800 ( 5 speed 12 valve one). It ran without any issues for several years and then the urge for an upgrade started.

All this while i was dreaming to own a Fiat Palio or a Siena. It was not possible at that stage for us to afford such an expensive car. The time came after a few years and we upgraded to a Hyundai i10 1.2 Magna in 2009 when till a few weeks back, the urge to upgrade appeared again as the i10 was proving to be extremely petrol thirsty.

This time, my parents were serious about a "serious" upgrade. Finally after a lot of discussion, the Maruti Ertiga ZXi was finalized. We made a plan and booked a Sunday to check out the Ertiga or the Honda Amaze / Maruti Ciaz as other options. Till now we didn't even think about the Fiat.

On the way to the Maruti Showroom, we spotted a Fiat showroom and my mom asked me to stop as she wanted to check out the Avventura which was on display. The moment we entered showroom, me and my parents fell in love with a Red Punto Evo and a pearl white Linea. Asked around and got to know that the Linea was exceeding our budget. All of a sudden, it had to be a fiat no matter what so we decided upon the Exotica Red Punto Evo Emotion 1.3 MJD after test drive. Gave the booking amount and left showroom satisfied.

Now i know my intro seems like an essay so let me end it here. My car would be delivered in two days. Do have a look at the pics. The car initially had Grande Punto alloys ( no idea how, The SA said they come as an option. Told him i want the diamond cut ones so they were changed today )

I want to that team fiat for tall the information provided and all of this has been extremely helpful to seal the deal of buying a fiat. Thank you so much . I would be continuing soon in the ownership experience thread.

PS: I am very bad at expressing through words. I am sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes.

Punto 1.jpg

Punto 2.jpg
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aditya Bhardwaj

Hi there, your (your Mom's?!) excellent choice: as solid, tough and safe as it is saucy and charismatic looking.

This little introductory writeup was nice to read, and so do look forward to reading in greater detail about your initial ownership impressions, observations, experiences.

cheers, enjoy
  3. driveit

driveit Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Enjoy your driving....

I also bought my EVO this Jan and already crossed 12k in ODO. I never felt tired in Punto...
  4. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Wow... nice story. :) Enjoy.
  5. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Welcome to the club buddy! Enjoy your drive!
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Nice write up.
    Wish you many happy miles of safe motoring.
  7. Aditya Bhardwaj

Aditya Bhardwaj Timido

New Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I would say, it was actually my mom's choice
    Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome. I would be getting the delivery tomorrow. Will surely keep everyone updated.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Aditya Bhardwaj, welcome to the gang! Fiats are like that, once you set your eyes on them, it's very difficult to move the other way. Caution not to get too carried away. Please do a thorough PDI, check the VIN, etc. PDI check list is on the home page which would be useful for you. Cheers!!!
  9. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Welcome aboard! Your experience with MS & Hyundai cars over the years will aid give us a thorough comparison with Punto Evo. Check about warranty (including Extended warranty) terms along with PDI. Wish you a happy and long association with FIAT!