1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

And, finally going to get her. The Beautiful miss Linea MJD !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lowflier, Apr 12, 2012.

1. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Boys, after a long wait I am going to get my Linea tomorrow. Initially I had finalized on taking a new one, but I got an offer on a pre-worshipped Linea MJD Emotion, an offer I could not refuse !:cool: Well, long story short, after doing td of both T-JET and MJD, I finalized on taking a new MJD. The td episode needs a mention - called up Concode motors, Malad for a td of MJD. I was told that the vehicle would be available after a couple of days. As told to me by the guy from the showroom, I recieved a call and time for td is fixed. To my surprise, the guy drove in a T-JET. First I refused to drive it because I knew I would be blown away by its sheer power. I controlled my emotions, and asked him if he could arrange for a MJD. He smiled and asked me to take a td of this beauty and he would arrange for the diesel sibling the next day. I was mesmerized by the sheer power of the T-JET, took a short td, handed over the keys to the guy and started walking with my colleagues who accompanied me. The showroom guy took a sweet smooth U-turn and just when I was looking I saw a good number of people turning their heads. When I turned back to see what actually happened, I saw nothing ! T-Jet just disappeared and when I looked harder I could see her taking a turn at the end of the road. Wow! Now, as promised the guy returns with the MJD emotion pack. He was trying to explain to me the features n all and I was correcting him (result of enthusiasm accompanied by a thorough research !). I was accompanied by two colleagues and we started our journey (so called td). I asked him if we could take it onto the highway, and he more excited than I was, happily agreed. I drove her in the overcrowded streets of malad and finally reached the highway. By then he was done with explaining the features of the car and now it was his turn to see what an MJD really was ! Just before I touched the WE highway I pressed the gas and all of us felt the surge. That was the turbo in action :D. From mindspace, onto WEH then to borivli to link road and then back (I am sure people in western suburbs know what I am talking about). We covered a good long distance. After entering the mindspace area, a colleague of mine wanted to feel the surge again. I handed over the wheel to him, for I wanted to feel it sitting in the rear seat. In no time I could see the the odo going north of 120 kph (Who says MJD lacks power:p). After one helluva td we went back to work.
    Meanwhile my bro in Hyderabad came across this MJD Emotion (through one of his friends and the owner had a Superb too) and he asked me if I was interested in a pre-worshipped one. I said I can consider it only after seeing it in flesh. I travelled back home and when I saw her in flesh I was head over heels again. Drove her for a short distance and decided that she is the one :cool:. Got my loan processed with some niggles - I stay in Mumbai and I am buying it in Hyderabad. Got the delivery last monday, and consider it a sheer coincidence - my brother had planned to visit Shirdi this week, an event which was planned sometime ago. So I asked him to drive it here and he happily agreed. At the time of writing this post, they had already arrived and I will be joining them tomorrow. More details and hopefully some pics, later. Wish me Boys !
  2. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    hey nice experience...and congrats for your MJD. pls post pictures we would love to see her. :)
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your Linea. Linea doesn't speak much, like other cars, about 0-60, 0-100 etc etc. Those cars disappoint you when facing real life situations. Take take linea to a road and you will experience about what she want to speak. "Barking dogs seldom bite". Very much true when comparing other sedans with Linea. Enjoy your Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats and don't forget to post some pictures!!
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yes Low flier, Sungoa is the one who knows how to drill directly on the bone bypassing flesh. No better words but "barking dogs seldom bite". Linea is one "REAL WORLD" damn fast car on highways by all Indian standards & not a deception like other paper horses. It's control inspires confidence to touch it's upper limit even in average drivers. You are certain to experience that in near future. If you consider yourself a good driver, the combination becomes deadly.

The rare sight of a mammoth beautiful car swaying@170km/hr with agility of a rabbit among the floating traffic (& it was not BMW or Audi logo on it's rear:p), disappearing in less than 30 secs leaves every Chinese owner nothing but "strictly avoid it discussing with his fellows". You know why? What if it was some illusion & other Chinese owner's end up making fun:mrgreen:!!

But pls drive safe, okkk:confused:..!! Keep rocking!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    COngratsz for your Linea bro,
    be careful and drive safely in hyderabad traffic.especially from autowala's and local city bus.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Lowflier, please upload some photos of your Linea. I don't remember how many photos of punto and Linea I have seen on this forum. But each time a new member come we get the curiosity as if we are seeing it first time.
    Thanks Enki for the compliments.