1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An year of pure bliss in my red Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication , we regards to you query .

We have checked with our product department , as per their inputs all Fiat Grande Punto spots are fitted with 165/70R14 size as OE fitment .

Do let us know service support required in future , will be happy to help you .

With warm regards,

Mangesh Kodalkar
    Customer Services
    Fiat India Automobiles Ltd.
    Pune 412210
    +91 2138 672764

Now this is what Mr Mangesh has to say,i dont understand by doing this how much of loss can they reduce...Even a 15 inchers of some cheap make would have done..
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. Oh my ...

Fiat punto sport with 165/70R14 ?? From when ?? Even now their site says 195/60R15 for punto sport ..

In that case all 5 tyre should be 165/70R14 .. Why the spare alone is this size ??

What is going on ?? Am I reading it correctly or we have a actual issue ??

3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Just check with Mangesh again, I think he got wrong information. Reply to his email and tell him to confirm again and give link to this thread so he would know other owners have proper spare tyre. In his email, he seems to suggest all 5 tyres are of 165/70R14.
    Even normal Emotion Pack (now its just Emotion) comes with steel rim, with 195/60 R15 tyre.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thats absolutely ridiculous... !
    Thats a total cheating.....

May be Ravi is right :confused check once again...
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

I doubt, my friend took delivery of his Punto Sport today. The spare tyre was a 14inch steel rim with JK Tornado on it. I am also surprised how much Fiat can save by giving a 165/70R14 as the spare tyre.
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

This is not good for fiat they can't do these kind of things so early, they are already not able to sell their vehicles properly. Steps like these will make prospective fiat buyers to think once before making any decision.
  7. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

that's what my point how much they can save by doing this kind of kinky stuff, too cheap, Even I shooted an email to Mr Mangesh, Got exactly the same response as arnab got, I was totally new to fiat I went to AAdya motors and asked them do they give alloy wheels as a spare Tyre in Punto Sport the SA (Mr. Partiban) said Yes, I was bit happy that day , but now things have changed totally, Now I can't cancel my booking because of this silly reason, I spoke to AADya motors fiat manager Sai prakash, He says if one of the Tyre is punctured it is fine to replace it with 165/70 and run the vehicle, I asked how about the dynamics of the car as three tyres will be of one size and the spare Tyre being smaller, he said it is perfectly fine to run the car even for extended periods like that, I am not a geek in Tyre mechanics, may be any TFI expert can advice here, Is it fine to run the car like this??
  8. I called my Sales executive and when I told him the issue he said sir dont worry spare tyres are meant for rare usage,so u dont need it much and blah blah!!!

I just disconnected the call,as I would have become more frustated by talking with him...its useless talking to them..
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  9. 098.jpg
    the actual size is 165/80,r14
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Bad move by FIAT, It's not an alloy, It's a steel rim. :confused:; Now FIAT officials mind also got :confused:.