1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An year of pure bliss in my red Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Came back to bangalore today morning @2am..will post the experiences soon..
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  2. shams

shams Esperto

welcome to bangalore arnab :) hope you had a pleasant journey!
  3. thanks bro,the journey was very pleasant..well almost...but the jourmey ended soo soon..---------- Post added September 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was September 2, 2012 at 02:07 PM ----------Just a little rewind:::D-day(28 th august,2012) was the day I was supposed to get our car.Me and my wife were soo happy that we reached the showroom by 9 am.The SA came at 9:30,he said he would take 1 hours max and get the accesories I asked for fitted.This was quiet a dampner(as we asked him to get everything done before only)..didnt want to spoil our mood so was ok with the delay,the wait was tooo long,minutes seemed hours.As a matter of fact it was hours(i shouldnt have forgotten that whenever these people say they can do anything without any hassles there must be some bigger problem lurking inside),same was the case with us..We asked them to install xenos reverse cam,which they very well did(well almost),but there was a problem with the dc cord,which they couldnt rectify.So they installed five different xenos cams(yes 5),to see if any one worked perfectly.but guess what none worked.now I was given an option that i can take delivery of our car with holes driller on her back and come back later after a year or two after they get properly trained how to install a reverse parking camera..My wife was soo very angry that she blasted off whoever came in front of her,it was quiet hilarious...So the SA(he never says no to anything) promises someone from xenos will come and install,we only had to wait a couple of hours.we did wait,and the person comes and again he forgets to bring the connector and brings something else(i feel like crying,its 5 'o' clock in the evening,my car is standing so close to me but i feel so helpless),anyhow we wanted the delivery that day as we had planned to move out for bangalore the very same day.Again another xenos mechanic comes after an hour,and this time he does manage to bring the connector.All done by 8,took the delivery by 8:30..All our excitement were drained out totally,but once inside car when i switched on the ignition we really forgot everything.Went to dakhineshwar temple by 9,and mange to get the puja done at that inhuman hour..After the puja got on the highway for our journey to bangalore...
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    So sad. Your story is almost same like me. I also waited for full day and got the car at 5:30pm
  5. Arnab, please put the negatives behind, and start enjoying. We all face issues of some kind with the services, be it sales or aftersales, with any dealer or manufacturer, for that matter... Thinking about them and getting worried of being given a bad deal in service doesn't serve any good. At least you found the loong drive to have ended so soon, so that must be a big boost to your enthusiasm.

Sometimes I just sit inside my punto, and the touch of the steering wheel on my fingers itself makes me calm. Sometimes during the downpour too, I get my Punto out in the rain, and it's such an awesome feeling to see the raindrops on the beauty. Enjoy the relationship, dear friend.
    2 people like this.

6. thanks for the advice bro,i am definitely ignoring the bad experience.
    1 person likes this.
  7. My spare tyre is jk tornado 165/70 r14

experts please throw some light as to what to do about it??
  8. Arnab , as of now nothing can be done . Just keep it is a spare which will be used very rarely .

But this is a CHEAP activity from FIAT / TATA who ever is responsible . Let it be any brand of tyres, why cant they put all 5 tyres of same make ???

9. I never thought that FIAT would do something like this,btw Ajit in your punto 90 hp which tyres you got?were they of same make?
  10. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

How can it be 165/70 r14 on spare, on my case, when i bought my 90HP, i got all 5 wheels Good year GT3, which later I have upgraded to Yokohoma 20/55-R15 right before delivery time. Im not sure if Fiat started implementing this new funda of keeping smaller size spare wheel just as part of safety which other countries follow.