1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An year of pure bliss in my red Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Hey everyone got delivery of our car yesterday,dat is on 28 th aug..spent the whole day at the showroom,as they were having problem installing car reverse cam..so they could finish the work and deliver the car only at 8:30pm...
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats buddy! Happy and Safe motoring!
  3. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    aranb,

Congrats on your new car!, I wanted to know from which showroom you got the car in bangalore?, What is the total price you paid, My car is due for delivery next month, Fiat Sales rep is saying the price of the car is increased due to KA govt has increased the tax,Please advice

4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats on getting the punto arnab :) !! when are you planning to bring it to bangalore?
  5. After getting the car quickly we filled diesel from a reliable bunk,and then went to dakhineshwar for puja,by the time we reached there the main temple was closed,just got hold of a pujari to do the puja.
    Got home at 10,it was quiet late,had no time for dinner(packed some food from my in laws)picked up our already packed luggage and our pet and moved out at 10:45 pm.

The roads were quiet good,but we made a mistake and went inside kharagpur and lost almost an hour getting out of there,we were very tired as the whole day we spent waiting for the car in the showroom,so as soon as we crossed kharagpur we were searching for hotels,but there wasnt any,even if there is it is too shabby.
    So we decided to move on as much as we can and then if required we will take power naps and drive.

Along the way after crossing Belda we got a very good hotel at about 2:30 am,but it was full,but as it had a very big parking,we parked our car there and slept.

We were getting a decent mileage of 18,but after keeping the ac on while sleeping the mileage got reduced to 14.
    We kept an alarm at 4:30,after freshening up we started our journey at 5.The roads were good all along,except some road widening works which has been going around bhubaneshwar since last two years is still not complete.
    We planned to stay at puri today,so we were not in a hurry,we reached bhubaneswar outskirts at 8:40,but from there to reach puri it took three long painful hours,its very hard to drive a new car in places like this.
    Of the total drive my wife drove for about 100 kms,and rest myself.

The car behaved superbly,but I was having problem with the dead pedal my woodland boot was getting stuck between the clutch and the foot rest,which resulted in sudden jumping of the car.
    Btw,the showroom lived up to their standards,after moving out found out the ciggerate lighter port isnt working,so couldnt use gps on the way,and the rear seat is not holding onto the lock assembly,there is a constant rattling from there
    So today planning to stay here and give puja in the evening.

My question is what can be the problem with the lighter port?is the fuse gone?but how i didnt use anything,so no chance of overloading and getting fused.am confused,any suggestions seniors???
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Kharagpur has decent hotel in NH6 ( towards Tata road). And the way you left KGP ( OT road through Kausalya), that side don't have good hotel or no hotel to stay.

Enjoy Puri with Darshan & Puja for Lord Jagannath. Try to avoid BBSR> BARKUL>RAMBHA in Night ( not sure if the road widening done). I returned to Hyd on Dec, that time NH5 wasn't built properly in these area. We reached VIZAG at 7:30 P.M.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations!!
    So you are driving your car from Kolkata to Bangalore?
    Ciggerate lighter not working most probably due to fuse. Show to service center they should quickly fix it.
    And about rear seat, try to push with some power and jerk.
  8. Maybe that might be the case,we were there at 12:30@kharagpur,we went till the bus stop,didnt find anything,and at that time not a single soul was on the streets,it looked very scary..
    Btw,there were a hotel or two but they didnt allow dogs even after we insisted on paying for the damages if any,but they said customers will get scared of my pet(pug!!)

We are planning to go to bangalore via hyderabad this time(has been long since we went to shadab's),we decided to go via vijaywada,is that route doable at night??

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

thanks ravi sir,the rear sit is fixed now had to push it a bit hard,so I think the rattling has been taken care of.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

thanks buddy

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I didnt buy my car from bangalore,i bought it from kolkata.Even i faced a similar situation here in kolkata,but i paid the full amount for price protection,there was some hike i guess,but i didnt bear it.
  9. Congo Arnab sir on your Punto.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Arnab, If you start from Puri morning, then you can think for Night stay in Rajhamundry or Vijayawada. After Vijayawada it maynot be good in Night.