1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An year of pure bliss in my red Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on booking Punto Sports.

I would prefer Beep with distance indicator with the option to switch on/off the beep. But, I would not advice you to go with the rear view mirror. The RVM's in Punto/Linea is very much prone to breaking. If used with caution, there wouldn't be problem.

Personally, I am against the spoilers for Punto. I feel Punto look more sporty without the spoilers. Its completely your take now. :)
  2. Sorry for the late reply,Punto 90 HP is really a fun to drive car in the city,the turbo comes to work @little more than 1500 rpm,so in traffic signals you will never be left behind...Even I had this dilemma of buying Punto 90hp or 75 hp..

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Congrats on booking Punto Sports...

Go for the Sensor with Beep and distance indicator on rear view mirror..Go for ICE from outside,and once your stock speakers go kaput wait till that time(you are paying your hard earned money on buying your car,it will pinch if you just throw the speakers like that,just my 2cents)
  3. Hey guys my car has neared the 5k mark,and so planning for the free service.I am thinking of going to KHT.
    Other than the oil top ups and hing,I intend to get the rat-mesh put,and paint protection done.Should I do the paint protection from SC or outside from 3M guys?and how much will it cost?
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Arnab,
    Congratulations

I would suggest to get the paint protection done from 3M and not SC. I had got mine done from 3M as soon as i brought the car. I dont remember the cost right now, will check and let you know as i dont have the bills handy.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Arnab congrats for th 5k mark !! Always better to get it done from Detailing Experts like 3M, Sonax etc.. 3M are no doubt good but expensive too. You can check out SONAX Car care also. They are little reasonable compared to 3M!
  6. Thanks guys for your kind wishes...

3M quoted 19k for paint protection(they will be pasting a transparent film on the bonnet,side mirrors,door edges,and front bumper),they were saying they use it on AUDI,BMWs,my car is no AUDI,so I am very hesitant to try this product...

They had another product which is called essential something(dont remember the exact name),this is similar to teflon coating,and it comes with warranty of 1 year..So after every year I have to get it done.They quoted 3k approx for this,so should I get this done?My car has got swirl marks,the washing guy does a pretty dirty job...
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That is the 'Paint Sealant for new cars'. I would recommend this as I am very much happy with this treatment.

See here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/5865-poetry-wheels-my-linea-mjd.html#post98844 (Scroll down to see my 3M experience)
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Rs. 2995 + taxes. I remember the total was around Rs. 3300.
  9. Got back my car yesterday after its first service @kht montors which costed rs 296..Quiet satisfied with the service,except at the end they left my seats oil stained...