1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An year of pure bliss in my red Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 16, 2012.

1. This happens with anything in red I guess,my previous car swift was scratched similarly...Then my pulsar 220 tank was very deeply scratched...These things really feel bad,how do i maintain a new car like this?
    my wife suggested we will put the car cover even if we go to multiplexes....
    2 people like this.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No wonder, If we get hold of these guys, they are to be visited in the hospital for sure,
    Mine Punto's bonnet was scratched on the 10th day on the bonnet now its vanished due to cleaning everyday, maybe Miracle!!!!!
    My cousins Palio had a deep dent on the bonnet as they had hit with something and the paint has peeled out...(It was in the apartment parking).
    My corolla in kuwait has been scratched front and the rear door on the 3rd day itself.......
    I Think its Global situation, nothing can be done, these are the cheap children whose parents are least bothered about their kids.
  3. Its not always children who do these things,many a times jealousy driven adults indulge themselves in these lunatic behaviors...Once in Kolkata at a traffic signal a casual traffic police with big fat lathi showed his anger on my swifts bonnet,and later he did regret doing that..But thats another story...my jealousy driven neighbour taught his son to throw stones at my car,and as a result my swift was left with front broken windscreen,my building owner washed off his hands saying the tenant belongs from a small village(near north karnataka),so they are uneducated,I seriously thought of lodging a FIR,but later changed my home only...sorry for going offtopic,i really cant take this s*** anymore...
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to hear this. On my last trip to Sabarimala, a cop picked up a stone and scratched the bonnet of my Black Palio, because he wanted me to move my car, but his superior allowed me to stay :A :A

On a lighter note, I think this is what we need to protect our cars

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Patchyboy how can that cop do this to your Palio?
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Kedar - he did. What can one say?

My car was equipped with a 2 way radio remote control security system. So the key fob would vibrate and flash if the alarm in the car goes off and the radio was good, so would work till about 500 meters. We got to Pamba, the foot of the Sabrimala hill at 2:00 AM. There was no space to park and we were given a ticket to park at Nilakkal, about 18 kms away.

My friend had some contacts and wanted to go try to get some favour. So, I pulled over to the side of the road and was parked there. Mean while this cop came up and asked me to move on. He was quite rude. I told him I am waiting for my friend who has gone to the control room and will leave as soon as he comes back. He muttered something and left.

My friend came back with permission to leave the car where it was and go finish having a bath in Pamba and get ready for the uphill trek for Ayyappa dharshan. After the bath, we were supposed to come back to the car and then move it to a designated spot, which would by then be empty. Meanwhile, our friendly cop came back and started shouting. When my friend explained to him what the arrangement was, he huffed and left.

We then started walking to the river, my car alarm went off. When I turned around to see what was happening, I saw our man standing besides the car, running his hand on the bonnet. I assumed, he must have kicked the tyre in frustration and then proceeded to doodle on the dusty bonnet - we had just driven from Bangalore. So I started walking to the river again and the alarm went off again. This time the friendly cop was on the other side of the car, again with his hand on the bonnet. Something fishy, so I started walking back to the car. The man moved on before I could get to my car and when I reached my car, I found two deep scratches on both sides of the bonnet.

With out a name and in a pilgrim center with lakhs of visitors during season, there was little I could do, but curse my luck and get the scratches touched up.

Just thought of sharing this, as it is not only kids that do such things.

Rajan
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    That was nice :)
  8. There is nothing we can do,hope the world grows up one fine morning,and people wont be jealous of others possesion...everybody will respect each and every person on this earth..But this is a dream which will never come true...
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Arnab, Are you planning to put seat covers for your car? myn was done at a car access shop near my house its art leather and costed 7k
  10. I want to go for something comfortable,the seat fabric feels very cheap,and it feels as if I am sitting on a wooden chair...So before confirming wanted to do my homework and then finally select it...btw you still didnt get your car steering stiched?can you please ask for stanleys virtue art leather how much it will cost for punto?