1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An year of pure bliss in my red Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It was always steel rims, but with other alloy size, of 15".

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

So, Mr mangesh had wrong information in any case, when he says its 165/70R14.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shame thing. :x im hating ths before ths goes as standard sale of car,i would suggest you approach consumer forum and ths is not at all safety thng of spare/stepnie tire.
  3. It doesn't take a tyre mechanics geek to make out that it is totally unsafe to drive a car around with one wheel of different size. if wheels of the different axle were different, but same ones on the same axle, would be somewhat less suspicious. this will definitely affect the way the car behaves. maybe Fiat just wants the spare wheel as something that helps the car to be reached to a point where the punctured tyre can be repaired, maybe 15-20 km max.

But, Fiat, terrible! Look how you're giving it back to your customers. Now i know why the sales go down.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    guys this is a normal practice in US and Europe. Even VW Polo Highline comes with 14 inch rims as spares where other four wheels are 15 inch alloys.

Although the main reason behind this would be cost cutting only but it wouldn't be unsafe to drive for some distance considering that the overall tyre diameter (including rubber) would be same. Hence this isn't an issue really

Spare wheel in any case should not be used for long and the main wheel should be put back as soon as possible because having one tyre with different wear can cause the car to pull to one side.

I have an active which came with all 165/80 R14 tyres. Have changed 4 tyres to 195/65 R15 and left the spare as original 165/80.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Guys , 14' spare tyre is only for SOPRTs model or all 2012Model comes with 14' spare tyre ??
    Please reply me !!
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I was hoping alloy wheel as 5th wheel in sports ( as Tjet+), but not even 15" steel wheel, really bad move.
    1 person likes this.
  7. We dont get anything extra in sports,other than few cosmetic changes(additions).

Btw forgot to share with fellow TFIans that sporty metal pedals which i got in my car,the clutch pedal came off while driving,the screw came off on its own,and had to drive all the way like that..
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  8. Amar, I checked my boot frantically when i saw this post for the first time, though i was 90% sure that all 5 were the same. To my relief, the spare tyre was the same dimensions as the others - 195/60 R15. Mine is Punto 2012 Emotion 1.3 MJD. And all 5 are GT3.
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Amar-
    After seeing Rahul's reply I think this is something serious issue.
    Better to visit or call other showrooms and conform which is the spare wheel you get on sports model. If possible get a pic as proof and get it replaced with 15'' from Adaya motors.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amar,
    +1, to FIAT-YAMAHA...
    You are the right person now to get confirmation about the spare wheel....

AFAIK,you have booked 1.4 Emotion and your 4- Wheels should be of Alloy with 195/60 R15 and spare wheel of Steel RIM with 195/60/R15 profile