1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An year of pure bliss in my red Stallion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Since end of 2011 I have been dragging my wife from one showroom to other for test drives of various cars.
    Well to be honest we didnt need a car so soon,as we bought a Fiat Punto active 1.2 petrol by exchanging our old santro in 2009 and it was quiet a bad decision that I made at that time as I had to choose between a pre-worshipped diesel car and this beauty,and obviously i chose the Punto.But with the increasing petrol cost every few weeks my wife was on the verge of throwing me out of the house .Luckily my father came to the rescue he decided to give me his Swift Vdi,and well he wanted the Punto(that i came to know later).I was happy with my new car,and i did miss my Punto but with the money I saved I couldnt complain either.
    As we all people know the niggling issues in Swift,it wasnt hard for me to convince my wife that we needed something better.She was quiet hesitant in the beginning,as she thought I was upto something :rolleyes:.Then i convinced her that it was for her own good,as she could get to drive it too(Earlier even though she had licence but she never bothered to drive).She put a condition that if I teach her to drive properly on the highways as well as within the city,then only she might think about it .I was very happy as i knew half the task was already done,and from that very day I started her lessons :mischievous.She was quiet a fast learner,and withing a month or two she was driving quiet well and without any help from my side.
    I took this opportunity and one fine saturday afternoon I took her to a Maruti Showroom,and made her test drive a the new swift zdi.We liked everything about Swift,it was quiet improved from inside out.
    Then over the following weeks we took a test drive of almost all diesel hatchbacks(including punto),but she ignored Punto completely and zeroed in on swift zdi and figo titanium :A.But still I had hope that she might change her decision again,and we did have test drive of Punto three more times after that but still she was confused :confused1.Then I asked her why is it that you are ignoring Punto,she said she was having problems with the clutch play,as well as visibility.I was very sad as i knew i had to go for some other car as I cant be happy if she cant ride this car.
    Few months passed,and all this time she had been driving the swift and improving her driving skills.Then one fine afternoon she called Aadya motors and asked for a test drive of the Punto,I was quiet shocked as i couldnt believe my ears.After the test drive she concluded that we can buy Punto but she is still a little hesitant regarding the long clutch play,and said let me have a test drive in the coming month then we can decide.
    We had plans of coming to our home town(kolkata) in may end by road,and we had an accident near vishakapatnam(quiet a long story,we are fortunate to have escaped unharmed,and well the poor brakes played a key role in that),after this incident she never wanted another Maruti.And the decision was made on the journey itself that the next car has to be PUNTO(excellent braking even in active varaint).
    After reaching Kolkata we went to showroom the next day itself and booked PUNTO emotion pack,we thought of exchanging the Swift,but my father wanted the swift so we had to exchange the PUNTO itself .
    We got quiet a nice deal from R.D.Motors,so we thought of changing our booking to punto sports(yippe that is what i wanted).
    So booked the car on 10th june.

Dealership experience::: R.D.MOTORS
    Dont we all know that they are not interested to sell fiat cars,it is as if they are doing me a favour by selling the car.
    I had a talk with my SA over the phone earlier,and he said Sir you can pay any booking amount for the car.
    So the next day we reach early morning to book the car he says sir you have to pay 4 lakhs(as minimum 50% amount is required to book the car).
    I got very angry and gave him a piece of my mind,but I didnt want to waste my time arguing with these people so I said i will give my Punto active petrol,and pay 1.1 lac and rest after the pdi.
    THE COST:::
    -8,01,500 on road

-Insurance free
    -RSA free
    -Floor Mats
    -Reverse Parking sensor with camera/Seat Cover+perfume+idol

I didnt want the seat covers so asked for the reverse parking camera.

So now fingers crossed..Hope everything turns out to be fine.
    4 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

Very interesting story to read. Congrats for your new punto. You have added one more proof of what we always stress on every query about punto buy ie safety over other hatch.
  3. :dance:dance
    Thanks,it is because of you TFI'ans who helped me clear my doubts so that I could finally make up my mind and go for the Punto sports.:dancing
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  4. shams

shams Esperto

congrats on booking the 90hp Arnab! You 've made a wise decision :D When is it going to be delivered?
    If i remember correctly you are going to drive it down to bangalore immediately after you get it !
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  5. By the end of this month if they dont screw up anything,every now and then they change their statement.:???:
  6. sungoa2010

Another journey with punto.
    I mean from 1.2 to 90HP;)
  7. I opted for reverse parking camera over the sensor.Was it a wise decision?I am not sure which brand they would be giving,but cannot be some good brands.My wife wants the sensors too,so is it necessary apart from the camera?I mean if the quality of the product is my main concern.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Camera is a good option. You can also add Parking Sensors if you really want it, else Camera will do the Job very well. Do search for good GPS with Camera & AV-in functionality.
  9. does the camera have night view??i already have mmi vx 140,so it will work??do i need to buy the reverse parking sensor from fiat only for warranty issues?how will they come to know even if i buy it from outside?
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please post the pics when you get delivery,yours might be the first 90 hp sports on tfi
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012