1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An Italian Jet Makes a landing in Surat

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Mihir Gandhi, Mar 9, 2013.

1. This is the second modern Fiat(after the Punto) in our family. It all started when my DAD was on a lookout for a sedan. We tried all the cars with a boot below Rs. 10 lakhs. Then one day, on Ahmedabad-Vadodara highway came across a T-Jet and my Dad just popped the question "Does Fiat still makes T-jets?" I was like "They do not make it but have to check whether there are any in stock" I knew Fiat were clearing the stocks for older T-jets and thus started hunting down any T-jets available in Gujarat. Also went through online forums to check about the experiences of people buying old T-jets.
    One fine day, got a call from Auto Point Car Division, Surat, that they have one Hip Hop Black T-jet with them. The dealership is near my factory hence, I went there to check the car. The car was kept in store, but was not clean; even the battery was not there. I took the chassis no. and found that the manufacturing year was Sept. 2010. I was reluctant to check the mileage on the car, fearing it as a test drive vehicle, but the salesman assured me that it was not a test drive vehicle and also assured me that the mileage on the car is less than 100 km. Still not satisfied, I took my trusted friend, a second hand car dealer, with me to check whether the car is good and everything in the car is good. He checked the car and found out everything was fine.

Now comes the interesting part: FINALIZING THE DEAL
    After getting assurance that the car is good, I still had doubt about the mileage of the car. The salesman assured me that on the day of booking, he will put a new battery in the car and start the car for me. This was good for me.
    The dealer was asking 7 lacs OTR for the car, but i had heard about more cheaper deals for the T-jet in the forums. Hence, I was in the mood for a negotiation.
    The deal was finalized at 6.75 lacs OTR with extended warranty included and car serviced before delivery. After finalizing the deal, the dealer next day attached the battery in the car and the first thing I checked was the mileage. It read "H 20" I was very happy with it and could not hide my excitement as this meant that the car has run only for 20 km. I started the engine was very happy to hear the engine and everything seemed fine.

I am extremely happy to have another Fiat in my family and even my Dad loves the car in Hip hop black. All the chrome gets highlighted beautifully in HHB colour.

Some Pics:
    IMG_20130307_154246.jpg
    IMG_20130306_181355.jpg

IMG_20130307_154216.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
    12 people like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for the TJet beast and 2nd FIAT. HB Tjet is not common to find :up
    1 person likes this.
  3. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Beautiful! You are lucky to be among the last few to get an old T-Jet (at a throwaway price i.e.)
    You're right, the chrome is really highlighted in HHB.
    The alloys look trendy. Size 15 I assume? What brand?
    More pics would do justice.
    1 person likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    HHB is menacingly beautiful on a linea, those alloys adds sheen to its beauty(chrome bits everywhere), excellent choice, so lucky to get that at the price lesser than that of a punto !! now get a stock spoiler, its complete !!
    please get paint protection done too.
    1 person likes this.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Welcome to the group where only few have dared to go!!! And yes those few are happy TJetters - sometimes giving even the D530 a run :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    mihir congratulations on making a great decision. i give u one more reson to b happy. i bought dynamic pk 1.4 linea for 6.95. n u got a t-jet for... im jealous.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Congrats:)
    She looks good,get rid of the Mudflaps
    and what alloys are those 100 or 98 PCD?
    1 person likes this.
  8. tps11

tps11 Amatore

Dehradun
    Congrats Buddy...
    Wonderful car, enjoy the drive but responsibly
    Regards
    Tushar
    1 person likes this.
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats mihir... HHB is best color for Linea..Jet set go...
    What about TJET alloys... have you traded them?
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Nice choice! Really lucky to get a T-JET that too so late. If you could have waited for a month, You could have got a new updated T-JET! But then the price..Leave it n keep enjoying your car.
    1 person likes this.