1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An interface with nature: Linea @ hills of Uttarakhand

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Prabhat, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Prabhat

Prabhat Timido

Gurgaon
    Linea Classic
    Last week along with my family we planned a last minute road trip to Uttarakhand and decided to take Linea classic + MJD along with us. Overall it has been a fantastic trip.

Day 1- Started from Gurgaon @ 3 PM reached Ramnagar Jim Corbett @ 9 PM (Via Gurgaon- Delhi- Hapur- Muradabad-Kashipur- Ramnagar)

Day2- in Ram Nagar ( sightseeing)

Day 3- early morning start from Ramnagar @ 6 am. Ramnagar- Ranikhet- Kausani- Baijnath- reached baijnath @ 7 PM ( on the way took a wrong road from Ranikhet- Kausani which was a test for Linea but glad that it was managed)

Day 4- Baijnath to Bageshwar and then to Choukori- night stay @ Vijay nagar 30 Kms before choukori

Day 5- visit to Choukori and then drive to Gurgaon ( drove in on one stretch from Choukori) 600 Kms took 14 hours to me ( Choukori- Bageshwar- Kausani- Almora- Bhimtal- Haldwani- rudrapur- Muradabad-Gaziabad- Gurgaon)

I had done hill driving before with Mahindra MM540 and did not fine linea classic posing any trouble at any time.

Apologies for an untidy and not well written experience-

DSC_1350.JPG

DSC_0594.JPG

DSC_0633.JPG

DSC_0661.JPG

DSC_0662.JPG

DSC_0679.JPG

DSC_0684.JPG

DSC_0686.JPG

DSC_0687.JPG

DSC_0688.JPG

DSC_0689.JPG

DSC_0817.JPG

DSC_0871.JPG

DSC_0886.JPG

DSC_0892.JPG

DSC_0919.JPG

DSC_0929.JPG

DSC_0934.JPG

DSC_1068.JPG

DSC_1276.JPG
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Beautiful pics. Congratulations for the satisfying journey! I assume that on hills, other than due to land-slide, roads may not be having potholes caused by vehicles due to water-logging, as we find in planes? I look forward to take to hills someday.
    Prabhat likes this.
  3. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    The last one is outstanding. Nice photo log. Made me remembered my trip to Jageshwar Ji.

@Ravi_M: Roads in Kumaun region is better then Garhwal region. Nainital and nearby places fall under Kumaun so accept land slide portion roads are pretty even and well maintained.

Driving here is fun. No honks no traffic no noise just you and revving engine. It is a bliss I must say
    punto_emotion and Prabhat like this.