1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An impromptu drive

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by PatchyBoy, Aug 11, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

I am sure at some point in time, most of us have just got into the car and gone for a long drive, with no destination in mind. A drive, just for the sake of driving. Not long enough to justify a full fledged travelogue, but still good enough to share the experience. Thought of starting this thread where we can share such drives, without creating new threads.

Sunday afternoon, post lunch with nothing planned and nothing interesting on TV either, I was thinking of something to do. My wife was in the bed, trying to get a nap and was also calling out to me to come get a nap as well. So, I blurted out - "Why don't we go for a drive". Ten minutes later we left and drove down a state highway, just like that. Got back home 3 hours later, both of us feeling energized and good in general.

A few pics:

Chitamani1.jpg

Chitamani2.jpg

Chitamani3.jpg

Total Distance : 82 kms. Got to use the Cruise Control extensively, ever since it was fitted.

Could only cruise at 60 kmph, as the road was undivided, 2 lane. The Jet returned 17.2 kmpl :D

Rajan
    6 people like this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Where did you finally manage to go

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The route I had cycled once, couple of years back. After seeing the route and after looking at the linked album after almost 2 years, I seriously need to start cycling more regularly again :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Very nice road. Rajan, looking the other pics you had uploaded earlier in your stack, the route to this path is not clear. All i could make out was its somewhere on chintamani highway. Would be great if you could write it down for us?

Thanks.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sure. Take the first flyover after Hosakote, then take the service road at the second flyover. Turn left towards Chintamani. When you hit a fork, bear right and drive till you hit the cross road, where the Kolar - Chikaballapur road intersects. Turn left, drive on that road till you hit another intersection. Turn left again to come back to the fork. Starting from the fork back to the fork is 56 kms.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Why not a meet + drive in this area ? ;)
    The environment looks very nice and calm to me. So hanging out 30+ with 20+ cars on this roads is easy cheesy ;)
    Hopefully there is no much traffic on this road
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    May not be a good idea Zen. No place to eat. Unless we plan on taking packed food with us :D

Rajan
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats what i intended too ;)
    Pre-ordered Packaged BF/Lunch.
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    This Sounds good
    An off beat place to do a meet + drive ..

Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @patchyboy,

I could easily relate to the feeling of the urge to drive. Many a times my son comes up with the request and off we go. Again its the highways where we hit instead of the usual trips to the malls. Just lower the windows and enjoy the breeze. Stop at road side joint, sip on hot chai. Even better when we are sipping tea with hot pakodas and its raining cats & dogs outside. Sublime feeling.
    2 people like this.