1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An"Emotion"al Ownership of a Dark Knight !!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Arun AC, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Arun AC

Arun AC Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In case you aren't able to identify me.. Please refer to my long, self-claimed poetic narrative "Two Generations - One FIAT".. Something I wrote when FIAT was working on the Multijet engine :( Yeah.. Been ages since i logged in though i made some desperate attempts to write something..
    My Punto by now: "Enough of you man.. this thread is for you to talk about me.. You speak about yourself in Shaadi.com !! Oh God.. Why did this guy buy me ?":banghead:
    So Let me stop at that.. and coming to the subject of the argument. My car was always a subject of controversial discussions.. say, How this eggshell grab your attention.. you could have gone for a better one, their A.S.S is horrible, Heard it rattles a lot. Hearing all this, I say to myself "You are a fool from a fool's perspective". But yeah there were some valid observations made by genuine folks.. and I realized a few after riding 14K on it.. For instance, The turbo lag, rattling of some cheap plastics and lack of gizmos. But then I know it when i bought it.Its a Dark Knight. I got it for that ride composure, matured handling and one steering wheel thats full of life and those were things that would make me grin anyday compared to those upmarket gizmos which one normally gets bored off unless he enjoys driving. So after 14K mileage and with little or no regrets on my choice, Am happy to say that am a satisfied owner of Fiat's Punto 1.3 MJD and wish to share my experiences going forward (Hopefully it remains a pleasant one !)
    Will be servicing the Punto this week (2nd Free Service) and am being told that the A.S.S folks would ask me to change my brake pads though the ODO shows only 14K.. I checked the discs and they seem to be pristine and could easily do another 5K.. I would welcome/follow your suggestions on this front.. After all, Most of you have been forerunners of such experiences !
    Post which have planned for a road trip for 2.5K Kms and I would be back to exhaust this thread with pics and experiences.. Thanks for reading and Happy Motoring !!:)