1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An early morning misty drive to Nandi Hills, Blore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by punto_emotion, Oct 28, 2014.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With Diwali festive fervour coming to an end over the weekend, was itching to take Punto & my camera out on Sunday early morning. Initially had planned a solo drive cum a photo-shoot for Punto. Had Nandi hills in my mind and as I was discussing my intent on Sat night at home, surprisingly everyone in my family decided to join me. I told that wanted to leave at 5 am to enjoy the mist and even this condition was agreed by everyone. So, 5 of us (mom, uncle-aunt, cousin & myself) commenced the quick Sunday getaway @5.15 am.

Through out the journey, Blore's persistent showers kept us accompanied and luckily it turn to be precariously heavy enough to spoil the party.

Distance travelled: 140 kms
    Route: Bangalore - International Airport - Devanahalli - Nandi hills
    Journey time: Left my residence in Basavanagudi @5.30 am & returned by 10.30 am
    Road condition: As most of us are aware, till Devanahalli roads are in good condition. Once, we get off Devanahalli and turn left towards Nandi, the winding road is a treat with Fiat's steering in hand:) But one has to watch out for few patches of uneven surface and pot holes in this stretch. But nothing alarming though. Last couple of kms up the hill has bad tarmac (it was neat during my previous visit)
    The place: It was couple of years since I visited this place. Few things have surely improved. One major improvement I noticed is that they have put up 'Viewing galleries' at multiple places providing visitors much better view from the hills. There was too much mist for us to explore any view. All we could see is each other faces:p
    Few places of interest:
    a) Tipu's Drop: place from where Tippu Sulthan threw his condemned prisoners to death
    b) Horse way
    c) Secret Escape route
    d) Temples
    e) Children's play area
    f) Nehru nilaya (now guest house of Horticulture dept)

Time for pics to do the talking:

First sighter of the hills

IMG(1)_4951.JPG

Misty conditions on either side of the winding two lane road

IMG(1)_4954.JPG

The climb begins

IMG(1)_4960.JPG

Fort Entrance on top. After this point, 2 wheelers arent allowed. Cars can continue further for couple of kms to reach the view points and other places

IMG(1)_4963.JPG

IMG(1)_4965.JPG

The photo shot which Punto was waiting for :p

IMG(1)_4967.JPG IMG(1)_4971.JPG IMG(1)_4974.JPG

Walking trail to Nehru Nilaya on top of the hill

IMG(1)_4975.JPG

Temple on top of the hill. Behind this temple offers fantastic view of the landscape beneath once the sun is up

IMG(1)_4981.JPG

Nehru Nilaya

IMG(1)_5002.JPG

Mist all around

IMG(1)_5007.JPG
    IMG(1)_4996.JPG

IMG(1)_4987.JPG

IMG(1)_4985.JPG

Landscape while descending the hill. Mist easing out gradually

IMG(1)_5018.JPG IMG(1)_5021.JPG IMG(1)_5024.JPG

A great end to trip with fantastic breakfast at Hote Janardhan, Shivananda circle. This is one of the old & iconic hotel of Blore. Loved the hotel for its old charm all around and authentic breakfast. No early morning trip can be complete without a steamy cup of coffee or tea :p

IMG(1)_5027.JPG

When ever I visit Nandi hills (especially during early winter mornings), always feel mesmerised due to the experience the place offers though being just @60 kms away from Blore. Once can experience typical hill station climate.

2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice pics, the 8th one especially impressive. Is some modification done to gray out the rest area than car?
    punto_emotion likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Thanks Zen! Saturation has been altered to make the red color stand out.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh kool, smart work there :)
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @punto_emotion, good photos. There is always a charm to the photos with mist.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @pv_krish.

Yes, the mist adds charm to the drive as well :)
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We all are going to Kudremukh in search of mist, and Nandi Hills showing similar spectacular views.
    Lovely pictures.
  8. Paul_Walker

Paul_Walker Novizio

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very nice pics, Now I am tempted to goto Nandi hills again ( obviously, early morning), though I visited just a month back :)
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Whoaa!!!!

Superb clicks... Amazingggg...
    I loved 6th, 7th, 8th & 13th pic the most...

Cheers... :up

Neel