1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An attempt to break the existing Limca Book Record for highest mileage

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PatchyBoy, Aug 6, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

There is an attempt to break the existing Limca Book Record for highest mileage, underway right now. You can find details here. What is your take on this?

My take - What exactly is the point? No one is ever going to drive a car the way it would be driven in this attempt. So, what exactly is being proven? Is it really worth doing something like this? I guess entering the Limca Book of Records is the only objective and nothing else.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There might be a typo error ,should be read as " Renault Book of Records " :D

After done with the trip,the officials will reimburse the expenses :D Travel Expense

Whats so special in this route Bangalore to Mumbai ? Thanks to NH-4 .
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Marketing stunts, nothing else :p
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is the current record for the highest mileage?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    1. Current Bangalore-Mumbai mileage record held by Autocar India at 33.4kmpl in 24hrs 20 mins - no idea what car
    2. Current Limca Record for maximum economy (current record is 248% of company claimed held by someone in a Vento AT)

Rajan
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    they do it because it will be a nice pin up for customers to boast of and that's it.

If i was going to be a scala owner i would wait till this act of silliness is over then see there record, they will come up with 50kmpl or some rubbish like that.
    Then i would take a TD of that car and show them that it does not actually give 50kmpl.
    Perhaps file a PIL and extract money from them!! ;-)

(No their *under std test conditions) tag wont make a difference here as they are quoting highway mileage and asking folks to buy them for city use!!
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The link I posted in the first post says:
    I posted in their FB link - Please explain "pressure and limits". Is the car being driven with a full payload. As expected, there has been no reply so far. I am thinking I can break this record in my T-Jet :D. Maybe I should actually attempt, so FIAT gets much needed publicity ;)

Anyone wants to sponsor me? :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    This is pure publicity gimmick, something which is taken up by engineers at Renault not the normal driving person this reminds of the DeZire that boosted off with highest mileage record
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You'll be hard pressed to find reason in many of Guinness record attempts. Most are so ridiculous that they defy logic. Like most number of rattlesnakes held in the mouth. :rolleyes:
    2 people like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,
    Sir, if all people out there really think and question like this then most of the marketing stunts can be ruled out. As soon as this results are out i am sure 7 in 10 folks will be falling for it.
    1 person likes this.