1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

An affair to remember...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by ancientmariner, Jul 15, 2010.

1. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Nice write up Pratish :)
  2. That was a lovely story of the sangam of "P"s. waiting for more...:)
  3. The show room experience :
    I had contacted Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle) initially for the price list and for the test drive. Called them up couple of times but the test drive vehicle wasn't available and no one bothered to follow up. On the contrary, the Hyundai guys used to call me every week checking if I was willing to book. Finally I went to Prerana Motors at Sarjapur ( since it was closer to my house) and booked the 1.4 Epk (petrol) after a test drive of the diesel version !! The features were explained to me by the sales rep and I was told that my car would be ready in 2 weeks. Two became three and I was told that my car had arrived. Had completed my loan formalities. Went for the PDI armed with the now ubiquitous checklist from TBhp. The PDI didn't last long as it failed to satisfy the first point in the list.
    I was shown a 2009 model.
    Rejected the car right away. The showroom manager wasn't present at that time. Shot of an email to the showroom helpdesk email id I had. After a while received a reply and then a call from the Product Manager (Bangalore) who apologized for the 'mistake' and promised me to deliver the car in another 10 days. I was given a loaner car after I demanded that. Later I got to know that the sales rep I had interacted with had left the job. Not sure what was cooking.
    I did send out an email to the CEO's desk on the Fiat site and other id's that were shared in this forum but no one responded.

Finally got to do the PDI of my car in the first week of July and was handed over the car on 6th July. After the delivery of the car, the Prerana Motors helpdesk called up asking for a feedback and I narrated this incident. I was also called up by the Tata Motors (Pune) support and repeated my version again. I was told that they would forward this issue to the concerned department.

I am not too happy with the overall buying experience though the only comforting aspect was that the mistake was admitted immediately without making any fuss.
    I hope my experience henceforth will be smooth.

The final price OTR was 6.93 ( after the insurance, cash discount and free extended warranty). Was offered sunfilm, perfume, floor mat, mud cover and idol as 'gifts'.

Why I chose Epack : Primarily because of the safety features : Airbags and ABS. Blue & Me, Steering mounted controls, alloy wheels and the leather wrapped steering also influenced my decision to go for the topmost variant. Questions were raised on why I spent 7-odd lakhs on a hatchback when there were other affordable options or why I didn't go for a sedan. I continue to battle those questions.

(Driving experience and photos to follow..)
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

I mentioned this earlier also...

CERTAIN THINGS IN LIFE ARE WORTH WAITING FOR....Good to see that you were served with loaner car...even better to see that now you got to get your hands on your car. Enjoy !!!
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice one mate
  6. Thanks guys.
    I have a query regarding rust on the brakes. Didn't find this in any thread. Today when I glanced at the front brakes, I observed rust all over it. Pics below. Has anyone else observed this? My 1st service is due at the end of this month.[attachment=0:2sew021r]05092010055.jpg[/attachment:2sew021r][attachment=1:2sew021r]05092010054.jpg[/attachment:2sew021r]

7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Rust on disc brakes is normal. It would go away as you drive the car and come again if the car is washed or if car is standing for a few days.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    This isn't rust. It is basically an oxidation process forming a layer over the disc and is protective to some extent. :?:
    2 people like this.
  9. Thanks guys. Yea I use my car only a couple of times each week. Will keep an eye on it
  10. sungoa2010

Nice write up. But loooong break:D How is your red Punto doing now?