1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Amplifier power cut off - in GP E+

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Rizzou, Jun 1, 2011.

1. In my car, the amp is powered on if either the head unit or ignition is on, if both are off then the amp goes off. I believe the Linea HU has the necessary control logic to remotely control an amp in this manner.
  2. oasis.07

oasis.07

Noida
    Guys, yesterday I have connected the REM connector of my amp to Cigarette lighter fuse (fuse box is located at right side below steering...fuse no. F44...refer the user manual for your model) and now amplifier is getting switched off after ignition off...:dance
  3. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Switching off amp

In my case I'd installed an amp (for Sub & Front comps) and also replaced the HU. Installer had placed an UGH :shocked switch to switch off the HU and Amp manually as it was not hooked up to the ACC. I took out the switch and connected the HU's Auto Antenna lead to the Amps REM terminal and now, whenever I switch off my HU- the Amp switches off! :clap.

Next step I'm going to check out if it is worth connecting the Cigarette lighter's fuse (F44) OR Remote Boot open (F45) to the HU in turn so that switching off Ignition would switch off HU and hence Amp too! :cool:

Having said that - I wonder if I should do it at all - i.e connecting Cig Lighter to HU as whenever I am stuck at a signal for a long duration (which is daily and quite regularly) I tend to switch off completely my Car engine, but since the HU is not wired thru the ACC- I can continue to play the HU or continue a phone conversation thru BT. :confused

*BONUS* - My HU has a peculiar option - Even when 'Ignition is Off' state i.e no power is going to HU control power, when the HU is switched on (press Vol rotary knob) it switches on and plays, but automatically shuts down after 1 Hr - This is a built in option - not sure how it works!
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @KayGeeFIAT: I guess your installer missed the logics...

Ideally

1. Use the audio power line to start HU when ignition key is used. Dont use the same line for amp, its rated to 10Amp fuse, so using it with amp will blow off the fuse.
    2. Use the power out from HU to give remote start link to amplifier
    3. Pull a direct power link with a fuse in between from battery to Amplifier.

Thats it, you would need no extra switch to power off AMP or HU, it would work as how the default HU setup works in system.

And no need to hookup to ACC.
    System has auto radio cutout limit settings, its set to 1hr to save battery, just in case if you forget :)
  5. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    I tried that - but what happens is that while ignition is switched off the HU ( and amp which is connected in 'remote') are switched off- when the key is turned to ACC the HU does NOT come on! :sadblue - 'cos the cigarette lighter is 'ON' only when the ignition is initiated and engine is running!! This deafeats my purpose of listening to music/continuing a conversation with engine 'OFF' at a loooong signal :-(. So this does not work for me.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Thanx for you tips! -really.

1. Use the audio power line to start HU when ignition key is used. Dont use the same line for amp, its rated to 10Amp fuse, so using it with amp will blow off the fuse.>> not sure of this - the installer missed this.
    2. Use the power out from HU to give remote start link to amplifier > this was done (by me)
    3. Pull a direct power link with a fuse in between from battery to Amplifier. > This was done by the installer.
    Thats it, you would need no extra switch to power off AMP or HU, it would work as how the default HU setup works in system.

And no need to hookup to ACC.
    System has auto radio cutout limit settings, its set to 1hr to save battery, just in case if you forget :) > Thats a great feature!.

In any case I'm fully satisfied now as I'm in the habit of fully switching off the engine at signals and like to keep my music on. So not too worried that switching off ignition should switch off HU. (but surely I need to take care to switch off manually when I get out to ensure battery does not run down!)
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just now done the proper connection for the amp to on/off from HU directly.
    Earlier the connection was done from ignition switch. So when ever the ignition key is on the amp is on.
    So the service guy, Adil, added the amp power connection to HU acc connector for discharge (don't know the exact name of the connector) by removing from the ignition switch connection from fuse box.
    And now amp is getting on/off from the HU directly. :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Hi there, could you please let me have Adil's contact details. My Linea is being ICEd in Bombay right now and we are facing the same problem. My installer has no idea which wire to use out of the HU. Do treat this as urgent, thanks

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Adil's no is +91 98-90-737284

Just give him reference of Team Fiat India... :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Thank you, rishike007.
    1 person likes this.
  10. UngilRuckus

UngilRuckus Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm trying to get an amp turn on signal from the OE HU in a Punto Emotion (2013).
    This is among the few pages available online which has any info on this. :smuggrin: Go Team-Fiat!

Anyways...
    I tried to get the signal from pin 16 (has a switch kinda symbol) but i did not get any voltage at that pin.
    On my player, pin 13 has IGN and only has a signal when the ignition is ON.
    I'm currently using this through a switch to be able to manually turn the amp on/off.

I would really love to be able to turn the amp on/off based on the HU turning on/off.

Is there anything else I can check? Is there some setting somewhere which determines whether pin 16 gets a charge or not?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 8, 2015 ---
    Hi @jayadev - I would appreciate any guidance.