1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Amplifier power cut off - in GP E+

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Rizzou, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Hi All,

Need suggestions, I have Dual Amplifier's setup in my car, but have connected a seperate power switch for them, Pain is i have to switch on/off the switch when getting in and off the car, do we have an idea how to connect the Amp power controlled by the Player that is OE...??

The tech who installed the System said we do not have an option in the Playet to control the Amp power, suggestions please, have been using this since now been a year and i am now tiered:A, feel like an switch an auto guy has when he wants to turn on/off his system...:!:
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rizzou, the installer here in Chandigarh said that he can route it via ignition but will need to cut a wire which is totally un acceptable for me.

One way is to power the amp via ACC but I do want to do that. I guess TFI member Jayadev has got it hacked via the HU in his Emotion Pack.
  3. rizzou
    go to pavan electicals, next to ashoka wheels. on the ministers road. they might be of some help..
    they connect the amp power to ACC thing and voila!! the amp starts only when you turn on the ignition and stops again when the key is removed,
    he did not cut a wire at all in my friend's car
  4. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    @PaddleShifter/ srikaratluri : I have tried all possibilities, only thin is theres is no option to add i have Dual Amp setup Ignition will consume lotts of batt power when am not lisining music, I wish to change the player, But again helpless steering controls. & Blue & Me.

I am trying to figure out if we have sources from we can get a connector for the steering controls that can be connected and Sync with a aftermarket player.

I do not mind killing the Blue & Me, as the players i am eyeing on have Bluetooth & USB so serves the purpose.

Any inputs are helpful.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    1. The amplifier will stay on when your ignition is on even if the head unit is off, there is no other option.
    2. you can route the ampli on signal cable easily from fuse box below the steering wheel column, without cutting any wire at all.
    3. you can use a RCA converter with remote on feature. with this your amp will be on only when music is playing from your head unit.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    rizzou dont lose hope . if there is a wheel then there is a way.

which amplifiers are you using ?

do those amplifiers have remote power options? generally all modern amplifier will have it.
    ( marked as "rem power" additional connection next to power +ve,-ve)
    if they do have remote power then one of the cables behind the oem HU connector is rem power . just pull out one cable (no need to cut the wire just join it)from the connector and connect it to rem power of amp.
    viola !!! it is done.
    ps: i am not with my punto else i would have given you pictorial representation or just wait for 1 week more.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    here is the schematic of connector . most of the pin remains dummy or not connected .

i dont remember exactly which pin (maybe 16) i used for the rem switch out for which i need to be in my car.

fiat connector.JPG
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    ^^ Power options
    a. Constant
    b. On ignition

are available in ISO Pin A, you dont have to play with ISO Mini pins.
    Those who have seen ISO connector (Reffer Blaupunkt Amp thread) know how it gives two power leads, red and yellow for same.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Viny ustaad ji, I have a query. I have never understood this Mini ISO thing and that C3 pin etc. I have seen the HU's back and clicked photos of the connectors for blue n me and Aux cable. I wish to install a normal 4 channel amp to my Emotion Pack. Can you please post some pic of the cable that can help me do so?
    Because I think you are saying that we can get a cable that will allow us to connect amp from the back of HU while allowing us to keep those B&M connectors in place as well.

What exactly is ISO pin A.

Connecting an amp in Emotion is so easy. I wish B&M did not used all those connector pins available.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Following diagram will help you understand what is ISO pins
    becker_pinout.jpg

Adding amplifier doesnt hamper blue and me in anyway, if you are taking speaker level out from ISO PIN B.
    I think I have posted a detailed chart about functions of various pins in ISO A, B and C (C1, C2, C3) have a look at that.

ISO Pin A -> Gives your Constant 12V power and Power on Ignition 12V, can be used directly with amp if amp is not consuming power more than 10Amp, if amplifier is consuming more than that, you need to power it directly from battery and use the "Power on Ignition 12V" cable as remote on connector in your amp. Read more about A1, A2 ... A8 pins

ISO Pin B -> 4 Channel Speaker level out put

ISO Pin C, we have discussed arms and legs about this in various other threads :p

You dont need to touch this, just use pin A and pin B and you should be good with your AMP :)
    ISO PIN A and PIN B connectors are easily available in market, costs 300rs per pair. Most HUs of current generation cars use the same.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011