1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

amped up the emotion plus with a JBL 800W 4 channel

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by jayakrishnakola, Mar 22, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    you heard me right guys,

its not the blaupunkt 555THA pnp amp, its the JBL 800W 4 channel amp. and yes the player is the same and all my blue and me functions are perfect. although i always worry if something would go wrong, but volla! nothing has........ ::D
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    JBL components for the front
    JBL coaxials at thr rear
    and a 1000w pioneer subwoofer

the wiring has been changed as there is no rac output for the stock HU. two high to low impedance convertors were conected to the two front speaker outputs which go to the input of the amp.the rear coaxials are powerd by the HU. the components are powered by the amp's front output ans the sub woofer is powered by the bridgeable rear output from the amplifier.

the slave connection to the amp is given from the power cord that is powering the cigerette lighter.

the sound is just mind blowing.. the only thing i believe that is letting me down is the undamped doors. i dont know who would do a good job in bangalore for damping the doors.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    what speakers / components did u go for?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great icing.
    Where did you do it?
  5. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
    hey jaykrishna..
    even i want to do same set up, but i need gravid sound.. can i no were you iced in bang lore..
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    the components were GTO608C (210 W)

the coaxials were GT5-S265(200 W)

the rear door looks like it can take only a 5 1/2 " speaker but behind the pads it can hold a 6 1/2 " , only the holes on the door pad look small .
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

i got the job done in vijayawada.
    but its an easy job i think anyshop which has the blaupunkt connector sockets can do it.
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

actually when i approached few shops in bangalore, the price i was given was
    8K for the amp,
    3.8k for the components,
    3K for the coaxials and another 3.5K for the sub woofer

the lowest prices i could get among all the shops i visited.

so i went to my very well known person who has a shop in burma bazar near national market and got them for the following price....

5.6K for the amp
    2.6K for the comps
    1.6K for the coaxials
    and 2.4K for the pioneer sub woofer

there is a mechanic i knew who worked in mahindra as an accesories mech, he has left his job in mahindra and is now working in JC road. he usually accesorises all my cars,he was busy with some work in mysore

since i had a function to attend in vijayawada, i dint like the speakers just lying in my boot so i went to a place called JABBAR car world and got the fixing done there itself
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    You got it dirt cheap mate.... I cant find GTO608c below 4.5 here in Pune....... :uh
    awesome.... howz the sound in the car now? you rocking the neighborhod now??? :dancing
  10. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum