1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AMICO and Service on Move - New Initiatives

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by dhinakaranselvaraj, Jan 28, 2014.

1. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

Thanks a lot for sharing this wonderful info. Fantastic initiative by FIAT, but was there any official announcement or ad from FIAT regarding this? I am sure that I haven't seen or read one.

U S
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

This is not a service on the move.
    But this is a very good initiative started by fiat.
    As always we are excited on the DDay of our loved car. So we are least interested or patience enough to listen to the sales person who is giving you the demo of all the features.
    We want to get behind the wheels as early as possible. Even sometimes if there are many deliveries on the day they will not be able to explain all the features.

So they started this AMICO program AMICO mean buddy in italian language.
    After 30days they will call up the customer fix the appointment, visit their place and explain all the features in detail.
    4 people like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Wow, service on move seems quite good!! Great initiative by FIAT. Will further boost up the confidence of customers.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I believe the pic posted by Ramesh is related to new car delivery and not service. :)

Correct me if am wrong, Ramesh. mchanna's explanation seems apt for the pic. :)
  5. This is like forcing the customer to get a quick checkup done on the middle of the road. What is happening to FIAT ? I haven't heard anything like this before. Anyways good initiative, will build confidence to the customers. Kudos FIAT and RDC.

How about a 'FIAT Sales on the move'. A Demo Punto or Linea will overtake old cars on the road and ask the owner of the other car to take a test drive then and there and finish the deal. :ugeek::evilsmile
    5 people like this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Although it is a good initiative by Fiat, I will be wary of such surprise services. I mean getting waylaid and forcing the service checks in the middle of a journey I am too enthusiastic about that. I would prefer they provide their regular service at the workshop with all honesty. This kind of a service is more expected from Fiat when vehicles are stranded and the customer calls for the service.

Yes, I remember Manish Mishra of Fiat had mentioned the same in TFI meet which happened recently. Surprised that Fiat isnt advertising the same either at the workshop/showrooms nor on the Fiat FB pages.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Those who were there for the Pune-Mumbai meet in Jan might remember this.

There was a red Punto from Torrid which was a "Service Vehicle". That car was the "Service on the Move" car. In fact that is how they could top up fluids in our cars.

This service was announced when "Make The Move" campaign was launched in Mumbai by Mr.Nagesh.

@dhinakaranselvaraj : they overtook you and asked you to STOP? Is this for real? That is not what this service is meant for. I bet this is the dealer being over enthusiastic and not a directive from FIAT
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    3 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Thats FIAT way of advertising:p

"Advertise on the MOVE!!!"

they don't want to spend money and time on creating an ad and airing it :evilsmile
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I saw this notice at the Ramkay service center. Don't know why it is stuck there if that is related to new car delivery.

May be the dealer would have got a target to service 'N' cars per month and that may be the reason for this over enthusiasm. :)