1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

AMICO and Service on Move - New Initiatives

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by dhinakaranselvaraj, Jan 28, 2014.

1. dhinakaranselvaraj

dhinakaranselvaraj Novizio

Chennai
    Today when I was on the way to my office, there was a ferrari red fiat punto from RDC Fiat overtaken me and asked me to stop my vehicle. Once I stopped my car, they came over me and told me RDC Fiat has taken some initiative (Service on Move) which is free of cost.. (may be for some period)..

They immediately inspected my vehile near the road, checked all fluid levels, topped-up coolant as it was below the required level and clarified me with some questions which I asked. I am really impressed with the service..

They are providing on-road assistance within Chennai. Kindly note the below mobile number which may be required during emergency.

Members, please share your experiences if any..

Fiat Service on Move (RDC Fiat)
    98402-69691
    15 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A similar Bossa Nova White Punto MJD Active OTG service car does the round on the streets of Chandigarh but they don't do the job of an interceptor like in your case!! :) Its nice to see such proactive initiative (could be an exercise intended to create awareness among FIAT owners regarding OTG service) from RDC. No doubt they were chosen as the best FIAT dealer in India recently.
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is really a nice initiative. This may also boost Fiat's image when other car owners get to see this on the road.

Good job, RDC.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

IMO, this is not the initiative of the dealer but Fiat. I had posted long back about this when I had reviewed my 2nd service experience with Ramkay.

Here is a pic of Ramkay's mobile service car.

uploadfromtaptalk1390968514127.jpg
    3 people like this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Sai for the clarification. I am updating the title of this thread. :)
    But, is this done in other cities too?
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it Mobile service, like you can call them and get issues fixed, similar to RSA, or different?
    From this thread, it seems these vehicles will keep roaming and service randomly :confused:?
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Desperately require in Mumbai...:p

But does it also use for minor repairs?
  8. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even i have seen one such mobile service vehicle(Ocenic Blue color) in the premises of aadya motors fiat service centre in Bangalore.
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    This seems like a nice initiative, but could someone throw a little more light on it? Is this something like service at your doorstep which Tata has started offering or will these vehicles be used when someone has a breakdown and needs help??
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Few weeks back I saw the below notice at Ramkay, Chennai. When asked they told that it is a new scheme where they will visit the customer's place for any issues. Not sure if this is related to 'Fiat Service on Move'.

WP_20140103_001.jpg
    8 people like this.