1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Amazon enters India - www.amazon.in

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jun 5, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Amazon.com, the world's largest online retailer, has made an entry into the fast-growing Indian e-commerce market with its Amazon.in, which is designed as a market place that facilitates transaction between buyers and sellers.

In the current model, Amazon.in does not own any of the merchandise that is sold through the website but merely acts as an aggregator to all the retailers who wish to exhibit their products on the website. In Amazon's US website, there are both Amazon-owned goods and third-party products being sold.

To begin with, Amazon.in will sell some 7 million book titles available for purchase and nearly 13,000 movie titles and the online retailer plans to expand into other categories such as cameras and phones in the near future. Agarwal refused to share any timeline for this.

"Our vision is to become a trusted and meaningful sales channel for retailers of all sizes across India, enabling them to succeed and grow their business online," said Amit Agarwal, vice president, and country manager, Amazon India.

Source - The Economic Times
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    10 people like this.
  2. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Amazon expands its offering. Now it sells Mobiles and Cameras too. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Waiting for the car accessories section to fill :)
  4. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    They are already beating flipkart prices. Amazon fulfilled options are quite diverse too.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have ordered Draper Expert tool kits from amazon.co.uk as I like them very much. These tool kits are already on their way to France. No customs duty is applicable within EU. My daughter will bring them with her in October 2014-end. I paid ₹ 9,359.37 through my credit card.

Draper Expert combination spanner set

Draper Expert ratchet socket set

amazon.jpg
    asimpleson likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Planning some hands-on mechanical DIY, J RAVI Sir..? :D
    Surely these are special, but what exactly ? Kindly elaborate.

Thanks.
    J Ravi likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Nothing special. Just wanted to retire old Taparia open/ring spanners so that they can remain at home. These glittering new hi-torque tools will occupy my XUV 500's boot. :)
    asimpleson likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @J Ravi Sir,
    Taparia is great too. Anyways take care shoving these imported ones such that they are inconspicuous, might as well padlock or combi-lock them with chain. More often than not tool kits get stolen (atleast here in Mumbai, sometimes multiple times). This one surely will and we know that feeling.. :sour:

upload_2014-8-26_15-28-58.png
    ^^ You might need such a casing for the chain and combi-lock.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    J Ravi likes this.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I bought this Force tool kit sometime ago for Rs 1400 and then a Taparia ring spanner set around 300 Rs.

The Force tool kit especially has been very useful.

force-2462-250x250.jpg
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Amazon India may start offering music, movie and video streaming services later this year besides debuting its Prime subscription service as it looks to expand offerings in the country, key to its global expansion strategy. The Jeff Bezos-led company is currently evaluating the feasibility of such services while building up a content library, which would be a critical element of Amazon Prime.

Source - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ng-services-in-india/articleshow/45723320.cms
    asimpleson likes this.