1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Amazing braking perfomance of my Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by saugdas, Jan 26, 2011.

1. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Too much time taken by FIAT for repairing job & poor emergency help service.

My car had recently faced a minor accident on the Chennai -Trichy highway. The car had the front right alloy wheel broken due to the impact with the road divider and was immovable. At the middle of the night (10.30PM) when i called the toll free no, i was only told that a towing vehicle / any help could be available only next morning. I suggest FIAT consider of renaming this service 'other than emergency'.

We were fortunate to get a help from one of our friends who sent a car from Trichy to pick us up. The towing of the vehicle was arranged throught the FIAT help line although i was offered locally by some service centers in the morning which was 50% of the cost what i had to pay to FIAT. In return the recovery van further damaged the front bumper during towing which otherwise need not require any replacement.

Today, after 10 days, it is yet to be repaired. The replacement alloy wheels is yet to come. The service center has failed to come up with any commitment for the last 10 days when it will arrive stating there has been some FIRE at the FIAT Rajangaon factory. I do not see any such info in this forum and hence guess the service center is just playing around.
    Since the car has gone for insurance claim, i am not able to drive the same till it is fully rectified and handed over to me.
    Can any one help me with the right person contact details at FIAT to enquire of the spare alloy wheel so that i can understand the real story instead of just relying on these local 'TATA' guys.:irked
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  2. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Thanks Ravi. Do you suggest me to send an email to all these 3 gentlemen? I think a person handling the spare parts in the south region will be the right one, but could not understand which man from this list? If I am not mistaken, accessories / merchandise should be another dept.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Please don't create new thread each time in ownership section.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Send email to parts helpdesk. Make sure you have the request number from your dealer/service center. Or send email to Mr. Mangesh.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks this is correct news, some fire at spare warehouse is reported. However, you can certainly contact Fiat directly.
  6. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Yes, there was indeed a fire in the spare part ware house. This warehouse is separate than the main FIAT plant at Ranjangaon. I couldnt get replacement for my wiper tank because of this issue.

I hope that the damage is less and this fire shouldn't add further woes to FIAT and its customers.