1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Amazing braking perfomance of my Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by saugdas, Jan 26, 2011.

1. my steering wheel shakes a lot n turns even more when i go thru potholes or uneven roads. no prob with the alignment. does it happen to you? solution please.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    ^^
    Isn't that normal, I mean when you tend to go over potholes the wheels do get their directions changes and steering changes as well.
  3. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    I agree with Teky. If you fall into a pot hole, then you should feel a stress on the steering wheel which is quiote common in any car. But if you feel something unusual about it, you can check it out with the servcie station.
    Just a check point: Check whether the lever for adjusting the height of the steering wheel has been tightened properly - i hope it is or else it is dangerous!
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    When you applied break you might have moved towards front this will create more weight on front tyre(along with engine weight) and so more grip. At the same time the back tyre will gave less grip. So the EBD might have adjusted the break force(reduce) on back tyre and a comparatively higher force on front tyre. Since you are alone in car the front right tyre might have got more breaking force compared to te front left tyre. So your FR tyre might have rubbed against the road. I am not an expert but tried to analyse the situation with logic.

If you were at 110 kmph you would have simply missed the incident!Good luck
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    hey!!! 1st happy to hear that u are safe. Ur reflexes and quick decision of mind helped you.
    2nd congrates to FIAT for making sucha beautiful vehicle.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I was trying to understand some more deep in to technical aspect of ride and handling and found the following link gives a much detailed discussion.
    http://www.rqriley.com/suspensn.htm
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    saugdas,

I noticed this thread only today. good that u and ur linea are safe.

My small question, did u hear some extra ordinary sounds... infact noise when u slammed brakes. This sound can not go unnoticed and is heard only when ABS starts working. in my opinion Screeching should not happen if ABS worked and if it did then u should have heard a loud sound as if entire car has fallen apart (my personal description). I had twice this experience which i have shared with TFIans on this forum elsewhere.

pls update on this aspect.
  9. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    @Vijayant
    I am not able to recollect if i heard any loud sound as from your thread it seems that it should be VERY loud. In most probability there was no sound this BIG. But i did feel a good bit of vibration (very high frequency) thru the brake pedal in my right foot. In fact this i expereince in any ordinary times too when i need to stop the car fast.
    But at one point of time i thought that the left hand side of the car got banged and that is why as said earlier too i could not believe my eyes when i saw no damage and i kept on checking so many times..now based on your input i am starting to think what made me precieve that the left side got banged? Was it any sound or an impact feel? But it is difficult for me conclude on this point today after so many days. In fact those approx 2 secs, there were so many inputs to my grey-matter, i won't be surprised if i missed out a few inputs. ::O

For my knowledge :
    1) Can you also explain me why there should be a LOUD sound if ABS starts working? Is this supposed to be one BIG sound or a continuous LOUD sound?
    2) Is their a way to get it tested in my car whether ABS is working fine? I am saved in this incident but should be sure that everything is fine for future.
  10. saugdas

saugdas

Trichy
    Thanks Sungoa and Viny, your links are very imformative. can you also comment on the sound aspect as said by Vijayantji.