1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Am I too late to Join the T jet club?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Geared Up, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    Hello Fiatians,

I am a recently turned Fiat enthusiast. Especially the T jet has taken me by storm. Ever since I decided to buy a new car, I have been perusing Team BHP and the Team Fiat. My budget for the car is 10 Lakhs. I have considered from the ANHC to the Rapid. I have considered the second hand D segments cars like the Civic and the Altis. But nothing has convinced me like the Jet. I have read innumerable reviews about the T Jet and I understand it has got a few issues like the ever present niggles and the well documented after sales issues. But the positives clearly out weigh the negatives and I am ready to take the plunge. But I am afraid I am a little too late to the party. I live in Chennai. Concorde from Ambattur claimed a couple of months ago that they have a display car. Not sure if it is still there. Is it advisable to get a display car? And also advise if there are any T jets still available that I can get my hands on.

Cheers.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey geared up... welcome to TFI family.....

And it's not late in TFi always.... So you joined the party at the right time... Cheers... :)

Are you planning to buy a display car??? or you want to see a display car for test drive. It's depends on the condition of the car if you are planning to buy a display car.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Geared Up to TFI.

Let me make few points -

• T-Jet is not in production as of now, but it will come for sure (when, no idea, but may be later part of this year).
    • Display car (Not TD car) can be bought, with thorough PDI and if dealer is giving nice discount.
    • About, ASS, there are few issues, but its blown out of proportion. Don't worry about it much.

4. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    Thanks Rishikie007 and Ravi.
    @Rishikie, not a test drive but the Concorde is selling the display car.
    @Ravi, thanks for the inputs.

I am not going for a test drive. The Concorde is selling its display car. The agent claims it is barely driven, does not know exactly but says could not be more than 30 kms. The dodgy part is, he won't arrange a test drive as the car is in the yard. And I have never driven a Jet. This is what is stopping me to buy it.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    First up all check out personally the car's condition by visiting the concord showroom/ yard. After verifying the condition then only go for the buying option.
    Also compare the quote with the present condition of the car. The verify same with the new car.

If you found the deal is the best you can get then go for it.

Also some TFi members from chennai will help you for the same :)
  6. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    I just made a call to Concorde. Lets see how it works out..
    That would be brilliant.
    1 person likes this.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

never too late... welcome to TFI
    1 person likes this.
  8. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    Concorde says the car is sold. Anyway I can find if that is true? Because I always get a feeling they don't want to talk about Fiat and they recommend TATA cars instead. Or will it be possible for me to get it from some other state? If yes, please advise on how to go about it.
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

We were told Fiat could produce new ones towards the end of the year by a dealer.
    I doubt you can find a T-Jet that's not a TD/Demo vehicle down south.
  10. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    Sadly yes I suppose. Guess the only possible end to this belated search is a :sadblue.