1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Am i taken right decision...???

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Murali0579, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Murali0579

Murali0579 Timido

Belgaum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Fiatians...

I had a lot of confusion and hesitation to buy punto and after reading reviews at teamfiat.com & teambhp.com made up my mind and booked the Fiat punto 1.3 dynamic red colour.

Took delevery on 15th of June 2015 from dealer fiat sutaria automobiles. I got good response and support from sales team.

As i hope better deal offering Rs.5000 worth accessories free and cash discount too on vehicle price.

But while taking delevery i did not find much variety of accessories so i put only worth 3000 rupees accessories like mudflaps,floor mats,and steering wheel leather strap thats it...still pending of rs.2000 with them. Still i have no idea what to put which should be useful..

As i got saved some cash discount on vehicle price that spent on alloy wheels on same tyres and my punto got new looks.. Snaps i will share very soon.

As i am staying at belgaum city there was no much running of my punto and on fifth day i took my punto on NH4 highway and experienced a great driving pleasure about 40 kms, then turned my punto to single road on my way to native Raibag there i started feeling that im driving a second hand used car... Because i was getting lot noise/ sound of right front wheel suspension..

On next day i took directly to the sutaria service centre and they took it for test drive and even the faced same problem so told me leave the car for check up and by evening they have handovered me back by replacing shocks of the front wheel saying that it was manufacturing defect shocks not functioning properly.

But i felt very bad that within week of delevery of the vehicle i faced the problem and im getting doubt on vehicle durability. How showroom can delevery the vehicle without testing properly. As there was service technician wad good and frank to me so convinced by him i came back thinking my self as out of 100 one might be mistake done to my punto..

But before coming out of this issue i started facing one more problem of my punto...the wiper water storage tank getting leakage, this was noticed by me from day one but not confirmed. After filling water wthin 3 days its getting empty..
    This making me to lose the the interest on my punto...

Please sugest me what to do..

Really i am hesitating to refer to buy any body..
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Murali0579

Sometimes new Fiats have one or two initial niggles/issues. Sometimes.

Many/most cars from any manufacturer do, too: including such alleged 'quality' luminaries as new Indian Honda-s, Maruti-s and Hyundai-s.

I say this from direct personal and inter-personal experience with these brands.

But what I've found is that once the initial niggle or 2 are sorted....there are few cars/models as hardy, durable, tough, resilient, even trouble-free as these Fiats in India. Am not even referring to the driving and design-pleasures, or the all-told low-cost-of-ownership.

I guess you might've gathered that from the ownership and buying reviews on TFi etc. Which is why doing a really scrupulous, tough PDI is/was essential!

Anyway, good to hear your dealer/service operation's good. Of course, it would've been better if they'd cought these issues in their own PDI: not very good of them at all!

Chances are that once you're over this hiccup or two....you'll be fine with the Punto Evo, and s(he) with you.

Get through this...and don't miss out on the great pleasures of driving, experiencing and (with the help of dealer/FASS, hopefully) living with your beauty!

all the best, cheers
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well lets hope you don't face further issues. Meanwhile you have warranty. So plan on making maximum use of the car. If issues arise Fiat will entertain for anything that has issues with durability and longevity within reasonable life and constrains. Meanwhile when possible please post a feedback to official email ids of Fiat and mention about your inconvenience.
    Gaurang Trivedi and Naughty like this.
  4. Murali0579

Murali0579 Timido

Belgaum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanx to mr.prabhjot and mr.asimpleson for your encouraged sugestive reply..

I hope i will enjoy my punto driving with pleasure and hassle free..
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Murali0579

How can 'driving with pleasure' and 'hassle free' combine in Indian road, traffic, weather, social, police-legal etc etc conditions?!! ;)

With any luck, just like for most here, your best chance over the full course of your ownership may well be with the/this Fiat.:)

As long as your service centre's on the ball, you ought to be very fine!

all the best
  6. Rajnish K Jain

Rajnish K Jain Timido

Bhopal
    Bhopal
    Linea T-Jet
    @murali
    Don't worry at all. Your decision to purchase a fiat Punto was absolutely right and you will not regret in future. Don't get nervous with small issues. You will definitely enjoy the competent driving.
    GirishRaghu and prabhjot like this.
  7. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Small issues used to happen for any manufacturer. So don't worry about those issues. I have heard from many that FIAT's warranty is the best one.

I have been driving this car around 7 months, but I really really fell in love. I have done 16+k already.

So enjoy without doubt.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Murali0579

Murali0579 Timido

Belgaum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you for your encouraging reply..
    I will be visiting tomorrow service centre and update the same..
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The more you drive a Fiat the more you forget niggles :) Issues mentioned by you are minor ones and common with all manufactures. So don't worry. It will be resolved. Do start an ownership review soon.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Murali,

I dont see anything to worry much. Relax and enjoy your drive. We have a strong warranty in place to take care of all these small things. As many already mentioned this could have been an initial niggle, please let us know you feedback after the replacement. As Deepak mentioned FIAT is more like an addiction and its difficult to cope up with other cars after driving one of the best machines in India with respect to ride & handling departments.

Enjoy the ride and dont let these things weigh too heavy on your mind.

Cheers,
    praddep.
    prabhjot and Deepak like this.