1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Am I in love again ! Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 MJD in Exotica Red

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Aditya Bhardwaj, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Aditya Bhardwaj

Aditya Bhardwaj Timido

New Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    There was a time when I used to dream about owning a Fiat one day. I knew the day would come soon but never expected it would come this soon.

The History:

In the year 2000 and the month of June we bought our first car. The Maruti 800 DX with 5 speed gearbox in the colour White. Was a joy to drive. We drove it for the next 9 years for around 1.1 lakh kilometres and then the itch of upgrading the car started. Saw a lot of options within the 5 lakh budget. Finally settled for a Hyundai i10 1.2 Magna in white ( Again ). Also added a Tata Nano in the garage in between ( June 2012 ) which was my primary vehicle as the i10 was used by my dad.

Come March 2015 , the itch to upgrade started again as we wanted a more spacious and comfortable car. The i10 bounces everywhere so we were sure about going in for a car which had the best ride and handling. And the search began for a vehicle with a budget of maximum 11 lakhs.

Options Considered : ( we were open for petrol and diesel both as our running was approx 2-3k a month or maybe more )

1. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

I always liked the Ertiga. There was something special about the vehicle which attracted me. The sober looks, the space , the interior and the quality ( I feel only the Ertiga , SX4 and the Ritz are only few cars from the Maruti stable which are built to last – my opinion only. I am sure other cars are great too ).

Our neighbour had bought the Ertiga Vxi with CNG so I used to glance at it everyday thinking we would own this soon. I started to contact the dealers . Got a test drive and loved the car. Me and dad were sold. The final call had to be taken by mom.

2. Mahindra Scorpio

I loved the Scorpio. Still do. But the moment I sat on the middle row, I was disappointed. It was not a comfortable place to be in. I was thinking of getting the S4+ but cancelled it right away.

Final Call

Finally me and my parents were free on a weekend so we decided to go and check out some cars and book if we like one. We were Straight away going to the Maruti Showroom when on the way we saw a Fiat showroom and mom saw a white Avventura parked outside. She seemed to be interested so we stopped and went inside the showroom.

As soon we entered , there it was ! An Exotica Red Fiat Punto Evo. This is the first time we all fell in love with a car at once. We sat in it, felt the interiors. It was spacious enough but not as spacious as the Ertiga but this was a compromise we were ready to make.

The feel of opening the door and the overall build quality was fantastic. Here I would like to mention about the SA Rahul Sharma at Kashyap Motors , Patparganj ( FIAT ). He was extremely polite and helpful. He was never pushy. I was surprised that there are dealerships which treat a customer like a customer. Rahul arranged for a test drive and off we went. The test drive car was a Punto evo active 1.3 MJD. The car was a great handler. The Steering feel was superb. Rear seats were quite spacious and my parents were pretty comfortable at the rear. The rear AC vent also helped a little to make them comfortable. We were sold on the Punto !!

Then the decision came on whether should we go for it or not. Also considered the Linea but dropped the idea because of parking issues we would face after buying a big car. We all came back home so that I could research on the Fiat a bit more. I always loved Fiats but never thought my parents would like it too .

We also checked out the Ertiga and Ciaz but my mom rejected them. So couldn’t argue. She said it will be a Fiat or nothing ! biggrin.gif

After lots of discussion, it was decided to go in for the Emotion Variant in diesel. Colour choice was Exotica Red. Booked the car the next day and started the loan formalities. Rahul the SA informed that a Punto Evo in red is already in transit and he can allot it to us. I gave him a go ahead. Also told him to send me the pics when the car arrives. When I saw the pics, I was in shock. The alloys were from the Grande Punto. Told him and he got it rectified the same day. He is still clueless about it and informed that he got 4 more cars with the same old alloys.

Punto 1.jpg

Punto 2.jpg
    After 3 days the car arrived. I checked the VIN and it was a April 2015 manufactured car. Sealed the deal there and then but told him that I would do a PDI myself before my name gets registered in the documents. Did the PDI, was satisfied and told him the balance payment would be done the very next day.

Final OTR : 8 lakhs

Freebies : Car Cover, 3M underbody anti rust treatment, Seat Covers.

Took the delivery on 22/05/2015. Took the car straight away to the temple to get the pooja done. The experience at Kashyap Fiat was fantastic. I used to call the SA probably 8 to 10 times a day and he was very prompt and polite.
    Next day took the car to 3M car care Gurgaon to get the paint sealant done. Met Mr Anurag over there, got all the details and got the car back in almost 3 hours. It was a nice experience at 3M.

p3.jpg
    d1.jpg
    d2.jpg
    d3.jpg
    d4.jpg
    d5.jpg
    d6.jpg
    d7.jpg
    Now my car is gleaming from every angle and I intend to keep it that way. Lots of more pictures will be added very soon as soon as I get time from work. Till then, Let me experience the Fiat a bit more !

Driving impressions

Initially when i drove the test drive car, i was not that impressed. This might be due to the fact that the test drive was done for a very short time as the car TD car was parked in the sun and it was almost impossible to drive a HOT car !. But driving a brand new car gave me a fair idea on how the punto handles.

I have just crossed 1000 kms on my punto and the experience has been fantastic. The car handles bad roads very well and basically flattens the bumps. The suspension is perfectly tuned.

d10.jpg

Now let me talk about the steering ! Its like god. The feedback is superb. I took the car to the Expressway and the way it handles speed is worth a mention.

I still remember GTO's post when he quoted " When i drive my city iVtec at 130 i am on my toes, and i was yawning in the punto at 140 kmph " !!. I guess that says it all. This car doesn't move.

My daily route to the office is about 40 kms to and fro in which 50 percent of the way is with full of traffic. The clutch is extremely light which is a boon in such situations. Right now, the punto is giving me an average of 13.5 kmpl which i feel is not bad and it should increase in the coming few months. Lets hope this goes on like this forever.

I would be adding lots of stuff very soon ( Including some good pics ) as i am too tied up with work. Please fire away your questions if there are any.

Sharing two pics. One of them is with my i10 :)
    d9.jpg

d8.jpg

Thanks
    Aditya
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aditya Bhardwaj

Nice.

Red Hot! etc etc

Glad to hear Kashyap were good, again. Hope they keep up to your expectations going forward, with ASS. I wish they do, and suspect they will.

cheers to you (and your Mum) on the best, new, red-ride.

keep posting updates and impressions etc?
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for your Red hotty! Happy and safe miles crunching
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aditya Bhardwaj : congrats on owning the Red machine. it looks stunning.
    were you offered any discount on old alloy? i heard fiat is clearing old alloy stock by giving an additional discount of 10K if you choose old aloy.
    The current number plate is too big for Evo. you should probably switch to the smaller IND plate.
    how much the paint sealant @3M cost you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2015 ---
    adding to the post by GTO on fiat steering, i have read on more nice line in forum:
    "There is some thing in the steering. May be that's called Life!"
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats @Aditya Bhardwaj on getting home a sexy red hot babe, looks striking
    happy miles, enjoy the ride.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aditya Bhardwaj : Congrats bro on getting a new ride home. Great choice :)
    Have a great ownership.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Aditya Bhardwaj. Punto and Red, no better match. Good to see another Evo in my neighborhood.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Aditya Bhardwaj

Aditya Bhardwaj Timido

New Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you so much for the wishes. I would surely be posting updates frequently. And i really hope kashyap works out to be good. I heard it is the best in delhi ( fingers crossed ! )

Thank you so much

Thanks a lot. Well even the kashyap guys didn't have a clue on the alloys. They said that fiat is now offering the old alloy as an option. No discounts were offered on them at all.

Regarding the number plate, it has come from the RTO directly. if i change it, them i will be fined. Has happened once with me before so don't want to take chances. I will stick to these for now.

Thank you so much

Thank you so much

Thanks a lot. Yes red and Fiat do go together really well.

Thanks a lot

Update: A small one though. Got the Amway Silicone Glaze yesterday. Also ordered the 3M car shampoo till the time the Amway car wash gets delivered. Normally i wash and then wax the car with turtle wax. Any pointers on how to apply the Amway Silicone Glaze ?

Thanks
  10. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the new ride. Happy mile munching!
    Aditya Bhardwaj likes this.