1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Am I getting a right/reasonable deal from my dealer?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aamir, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aamir: Many would agree that the 75 hp emotion alloys look more aggressive. Actually given a choice I would also have opted for those but yes it would depend on the dealer. Also, 75 hp has 15 inchers while 90 hp has 16 inchers.
    PS: 90 hp alloys arent that bad though:D
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Aamir . You can't get it changed. Evo has 15" rims and 90 HP Sports has 16". So no dealer would agree. Best would be to sell the ones which you get with the cat which is gonna be mighty difficult as the design is one of the most unexciting ones from Fiat. Fiat usually gives drool worthy alloys but somehow this time they gave a very uninspiring design. Secondly 16" tires will be costlier than 15" so finding a buyer will be difficult. The one and only option you have is to find a a buyer for the alloys and get the 16" alloys from Avventura. They look smashing but @ 10 k per alloy its gonna burn a big hole in your pocket.
  3. Aamir

Aamir Timido

Fiat Enthusiast
    @pabhishek You're right buddy, the pattern is different for 90hp and 75hp version. I wasn't aware of that, thanks :) 75hp alloys looks much better as compared to 90hp alloys.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 30, 2015 ---
    I agree, they're not bad at all, however I like the 75hp alloys better, would've loved them in 16" for the 90hp version :D I won't be changing them, read some reviews about wheel alignment issues after changing alloys in Punto, then they need some rings or something which would be impossible here in Kashmir :banghead: Maybe with 16" alloys of Avventura after a year or two as suggested aptly by @nibedk :D
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Linea Classic
    Hi @Aamir ,

i think you are getting fantastic deal on your new Fiat. Rs 40thousands is good amount on any car you may buy.
    if there is another Fiat dealer in your city, you may get a quote.
    the deal which you are provided today will/may be same as after 30days. haggle more with the sales guy for more couple of thousands.
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Dear @Aamir ,
    This is a repeated post with some little editing, posted at your other thread as well so that you can see either of the two.
    First of all Welcome on board to this FIAT-family-forum. In fact I was little away from net-working for some time due to personal reasons.
    So far as the purchase of a FIAT car is concerned, especially which you are mentioning, Punto-Evo 90bhp, you will never regret owning it. You can also test drive Aventura for it's more sports attire and get-up.
    If you enjoy driving and are seeking pleasure out of driving a good car for fulfilling your passion for driving, then FIAT is best suited for such drivers , I mean "SHOUKEEN DRIVERS". And, your new car will not have any problems at least for two three months till FIAT SC is established at Srinagar.
    No doubt it is bothersome not having exclusive FIAT service center at Srinagar, but National FIAT Jammu conducts some service-camps at Srinagar, they have here a sister concern at NowGam Bye-pass road.
    You can contact the owner of National Fiat Jammu, Mr Harsimran Raina, very nice guy, caring for his customers. His contact no. is9419180100. He can tell you exactly when the SC is being started at Srinagar. Moreover, Mr Harsimran told me that they are going to start MOBILE-FIAT-SERVICES in Srinagar in case the acquisition of land is delayed due to administrative hurdles. That methodology will be more helpful and interesting, you will receive the service where ever you need it, better.
    Rest you can contact me as well for further conversation at 9419590443.
    Hope, it helps you and be able to make the final selection for owning a wonderful car from FIATs.
    With best wishes,
    S A SHAH
  6. tweeting_fiat

tweeting_fiat Timido

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Aamir, Nice to know you are going ahead with the 90hp. Tempting as it may be to put other alloys, I strongly suggest you stick to the OEM size/make on the 90hp. Agreed the 75hp alloys look better but the 90hp one will grow on you with time :). You might want to consider painting them in gunmetal shade later. Not sure about the width of the Avventura 16inch alloy (sporting 205mm tyre) vs the 90hp Evo alloy (with 195mm/55 tyre). If the Avvy's is broader the 195 mm may not sit perfectly, but can be experimented with. Just my 2 cents.

7. Aamir

Aamir Timido

Fiat Enthusiast
    @S A SHAH , Shah Sir, thanks a lot, I'll be calling you soon and thank you for the suggestions and all the detailed information :)

@tweeting_fiat Hey, thanks buddy, you are right, I'll not be changing the alloys, I've read that changing alloys in Punto leads to some alignment issues which is rectified by using some metal rings and arranging and fixing them over here in Kashmir would be impossible :p Won't do any changes to the car, the stock alloys are very good but I just liked the ones they provide on 75hp Punto, they look much better in my opinion :D
    --- Double Post Merged, May 1, 2015 ---
    There's just one dealer buddy, that too 300 kms/8 hours away :banghead: Just settling some pre-sale agreements with the dealer, have to be cautious as they still have some tie-up with a TATA Workshop over here in Srinagar, the dealer is in Jammu and visiting Jammu for service won't be possible for me. I'm asking them for something in writing mentioning that the warranty of my car won't get void if I get it serviced from that TATA workshop.
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Aamir , the white punto is 75 hp emotion having 15" wheels with 195/60 tires and red is 90hp with 16" wheels and 205/55 tires.
    going with the alloys on the 75 hp is like downgrading, but if you really want that design, why not check out the alloys in avventura (which is little similar in design) and swap with it at dealer level itself, without losing much money. If you have plans to change the tires too to some other better ones, you can consider changing both at no loss !!
  9. oxom

oxom Novizio

Fiat Enthusiast
    Folks are fiat spare parts easily available or do we need to wait for months?
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Aamir, I have a Magnesio Grey Linea and it has been very easy to maintain. This color can easily go without a wash for 3-4 days. My preferred color was Black but I stayed away from it due to maintenance aspect of black.