1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Always a Good Company - My 2009 Electric Blue Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by ThePunter, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hi Dhinesh,
    Thanks for your ask
    Sorry for the late reply as I had missed few notifications.
    In city i am of late getting 12- 12.5. I would say I am more lighter on the foot and also not the peak traffic hours. Else I would say expect a figure of 10.5 to 11 in city.
    Highway drives have came down. My figures are more on 14 to 15 while trying to keep the pace around 90-100. But frankly needs patience to limit to those speeds with open roads and then fig comes down to 13 in not time. Also, my highest end to end fig for native to chennai 600km trip was 17 a very healthy but boring one.
    Cheers!
  2. During December, that is 5 months back, I had replaced 2 out of 4 ignition coils, and updated here.
    Yesterday had the similar symptoms and straight away went to SC and diagnosed one of the remaining 2 has failed. This time I chose to replace both the remaining, and situation went back to good. Though later during the say, one or two times again the check engine light came in. Suspect some bad contacts here. As while refitting the set we had to do it twice because the check engine failed to go away and went only after minor adjustment and cleaning debris off the socket. May take it back to SC again to check it after closely watching it for some time, or as immediate as it requires.
    Alas, with this experience I would say, for a 6yr 60k run car, if ignition coil has started failing it would be ALWAYS better to replace it AS A SET of 4. With my case, apart from the repeat hassle, the part price has also jumped by 400rs within a span of just 5 months. 16% increase !!