1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alto to Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by bkpabi, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Congrats,only highway drives like these will give you confidence...
  2. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Wow, Kilometer reading says Its 1300. Last month driving was around 600KM.
    A long trip to Mysore around 350KM,
    One day of bangalore trip(Iskon,Kemfort, Lalbag, Bull Temple, Vidhan Sodha) around 75.
    Last one was to Big Banyan Tree and Art of living

These trips gave me the exposure of driving in both High way and crowded city roads. Looking forward to many more such trips..
    1 person likes this.
  3. So hows your confidence level now??
  4. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Alright, I am back from a heavenly road trip of Goa. Driven my punto almost 550 KM.
    1 person likes this.
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How was the trip? Any travelogue?
  6. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
  7. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry for not active for last one month. In between I have had the first free servicing done for my punto. I want share the experience
    I bought the vehicle on july 2012 so the first free servicing was due on december 2012.

So I got the call from prerana motors asking me to book the servicing from there side. But as I was planning to visit my native during that period I asked them schedule it some time around first week of January I agreed for the same. They asked me weather I wanted avail the pick and drop service which is 200/- which I refused. So my first service was book on 5th Jan 2013 at Kudlugate workshop.

But again I got a doctor's appointment for my parents and I needed the car for the visit. I called up prerana motors and asked them to reschedule it to 8th Jan which they agreed. As this was a weekday and I don't want to take a leave I asked for pick and drop service.

So on 8th Jan 2013 I got the Call from the driver asking me how he can reach my place to pick the vehicle. I guided him and he was at my place on time. He inspected the vehicle and made a note of it. He gave once copy of the note to me and the mobile number of the service adviser and took the vehicle.

Once the car reached the workshop I got the call from the service adviser who asked me about any complaints of the car. Fortunately I did not have any complaints on it so he told me that he will do the regular first service.

At 5PM I got the call from service adviser that the car is ready and the driver has started for my place. I asked manager for a early leave from office and reached just in time. The billed amount was 90/- and 200 for pick and drop which I had to pay the driver separately. While receiving the car I got a call from the service manger again who explained me what all things they have done in the servicing. Along with the bill there was a feedback form which I filled and returned back to the driver.

Overall I am happy to see the After Sales and Service From Fiat which has not so good reputation in the market.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    So how different did you feel driving Alto and GP? In terms of judgement, handling, etc.
  9. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    I am very sorry at this point of time I am not able to answer your question as luckily or unluckily I have not driven any other vehicle till date. But I have noticed the difference in the build quality of some of other cars and I can tell you punto is the highest in her segment.
  10. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi
    Our Punto is going to complete its first year next month :razz:. So its time for renewal of the insurance. Current insurance is from Future Generali (the one given free from FIAT). Current premium is 13000 for IDV 660000. But this year FG is asking an amount of 16000 for renewal with IDV 595000. So I started looking for other options in the market. Again I got the same quote amount (16000) from all mazor insurance companies for the same IDV. When I contacted Policy bazzar they given me quote of 14000 for Bharati Axa. At the same time bharati axa given me quote of 16000. So at this point I am bit confused. Please help me on below queries
    1. Is it fine to buy car insurance policy from Policy bazar?
    2. How policy bazzar can sell the same policy with lesser price?
    3. Is it fine to buy policy of Bharati Axa? do they have cash less facility for Fiat Workshops?