1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alto to Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by bkpabi, Jul 6, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don worry mate! Think that this incident was to ward of evil and 'boori nazar' on your beloved Punto! Recently even I received a dent on by 2 month old Punto because of idiots on road. I ended up having this dent for no fault of mine :punch Yes, your car can definitely be restored to previous glory. Don worry. Not sure about Prerana motors bodyshop abilities. I got my dent fixed with Aadya motors body shop and they did pretty good & quick job. Car was delivered on the same day itself. Cheer up and happy motoring :car
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1. Is this incident eligible for a insurance claim if yes shall I go for it.(Don't want to spend from my pocket at this stage..)
    ---> Yes.Go ahead and claim for it.these are the earlier days of your punto drive sometimes happens such mistake.You will be good driver very soon and such mistakes will never happen again.
    2. After the body work will the look of car change from original?
    --->Noway....
    3. any additional information that can help me
    --->Claim for insurance.
  3. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks everyone for support and advice, I have called service manager of kudlugate body shop of preranna motors. Tomorrow I will got for the service. anyone has idea about the the service of kudlugate service station.
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    congrats bkpabi!!!

its awesome in white colour,
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If its minor scratch and less dent then better get it done from the well professional denter,
    or else if the cost comes more than 10K go for the Insurance claim,
  6. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Today I get the car back from the service station and its back to its previous glory. I would like to share the experience of last week.
    I called 24hr help line of preranna motors and got the service adviser's number at Kudlugate and informed them about the incident and the damages. Saturday(1st Sep2012) morning I was at the service station. The service adviser checked the car and estimated the cost around 30-35k and advised us to go for insurance. He told they need to change the back door and repair the front one. I just told them do what ever you want but make the car look like how it was earlier. He asked me to fill the insurance form which ask for details about the incident. After filling the details I called the future generali number to register the claim. Then we returned back.
    Monday morning we got a call from insurance office, without asking much they told they will be debiting the amount to preranna. I waited with patience for next two day. Thrushday evening I went to service station to get the delivery and it was ready and looking as earlier. I also asked them to do a anti corrosion coating for underbody from 3M which come with 5yr warrenty. After paying the rest of amount(which was not given by insurance) I returned back to home. While returning back to I took NICE ROAD to reach bannargatha, Toll charges is 30 for one way. It was first time was driving in a highway and that to at night time. It was a nice experience.

After reaching home I found that remote lock was not working for that the rear window so morning 9:30AM I was at the service station again. I told the problem to the service adviser he arranged one technician immediately and get it done.

I must say the service is good at kudlugate service station. I can go the working bay and see what was happening to the car.
    Photo0092.jpg Photo0093.jpg Photo0094.jpg
  7. Congrats..it feels very good to see that you have got your beauty back in a very good condition...

My suggestion to you would be take your punto on a long drive,atleast to mysore,and by the end of the trip you will be very very comfortable with your Punto.
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey nice to see your beloved back to glory again. Only thing am wondering is were the damages so bad that they asked you to replace the back door? Happy and safe motoring. Enjoy your ride! Till you get confidence regarding highway drive, NICE roads are the best place to have a feel of highway drive due to good broad roads & lesser vehicles .. You can surely enjoy driving on this road than any other road in Blore city!
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    congrats to you again as your Grande is back to normal.
    Be extra cautious now till your hands are all set on the Giant.
  10. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Bangalore
    Last week end went for a short trip of 50 km to Big banyan tree and machibele dam. Good roads & less traffic made the trip quite exciting.
    Started morning 9:30 drove through Kanakpura rd -->NICE Road --> Mysore road--> Dodda Aladamara rd
    Returned back by 3PM in the evening. Manchibele Dam was nice and peaceful. Looking forward for many more such trips..

9SepWeekendtrip 033.jpg 9SepWeekendtrip 035.jpg 9SepWeekendtrip 036.jpg 9SepWeekendtrip 044.jpg 9SepWeekendtrip 057.jpg 9SepWeekendtrip 066.jpg
    1 person likes this.