1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alto to Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by bkpabi, Jul 6, 2012.

1. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Hi Everyone,
    Its gives me sheer pleasure to introduce myself to a great, young and vibrant community. This is Pabitra from Bangalore. I joined this community about a week ago. Today I am going to share my experience of buying Fiat Grande Punto 2012 Emotion.

It was back in 2011 when me and my wife changed our job and shifted to HM World City Apartment in JP Nagar area from. I used to drop my wife to her office at GB Palya and then come to my office. This was the time when thought the dependency of my wife on me for her daily travel is not a right thing and she should be able to travel by her own for her work. I discussed the same with her and we were thinking for a scooty for her. Then after few weeks of analysis from different angles one random thought came to my mind that, why not buy a second hand alto instead of a scooty. Then the confusion started and I started finding pros and cons of scooty and car. My mind tilted towards car as it was safer. This was the point when I and my wife started thinking about buying a car in near future.

In June 2011 my parents came to Bangalore for two months and I casually discussed about different cars with them, but I did not tell him that we are serious about buying it , reason behind this was I was still paying my education loan, which took for my MCA studies. My dad shown his interest and asked me to show different car details. I started showing him the cars in my laptop. He was more interested towards TATA cars (Indica, Manza...).
    Time passes away and I started asking my friends, colleagues, relatives who have idea about cars as I was totally a newbie to the automobile. I also started reading from different automobile forums which helped me a lot in understanding different aspect for cars, what one should look for when he was in search for a car in the market.
    I would like to mention in this phase of time couple of thoughts came to my mind

1. We should buy a scooty. Reason: cheap, easy to maintain
    2. We should buy a second hand car. Reason: why to put money on a scooty as anyway in a year or two we need car. Also as both of us don’t know driving so first try our hands on an old and learn then buy a new one.
    3. We should buy a new car [Nano, Alto, Eon...]: Why to buy an expensive one as Car is a dead investment. Budget constraints.
    4. We should buy a new car [Figo, Punto…]: I am more focused towards safety as my wife also supposed to drive the car.
    So I started looking into each of the point very thoroughly. There was a time when I used to change my decision every single day and my wife was getting irritated of it. Every weekend afternoon we used sit at our terrace having plates of PANIPURI and looking the vehicles that are passing by the near road and trying to name it. Whoever tells more number of correct names wins.

One day I was going through one forum and came to know about Ford figo. I looked into the reviews and customer feedbacks and you tube videos and started liking it. For a next month or so daily I look into few more details about it. This is the time when I was almost sure that we will buy a FORD FIGO.

It was 18[SUP]th[/SUP] March 2012, I went for a team outing to a resort with my colleagues and while returning back one of my colleague offered me to drop me to the office. I got into the car and looking to the car I liked it. He explained me how he bought his car which gave me a bit of confidence to go for a car.
    We were deciding to buy a car by December 2012 as we need to save some amount for the down payment. On June 2012 price hiked by Rs7 and government was thinking of increasing the diesel car price. Listening to the news I decide to go for the car immediately.

So, I done a final review of all the shortlisted cars [Figo & Punto] and decided to go for FIAT GRANDE PUNTO EMOTION and applied a car loan in HDFC bank through BANK BAZAR.com on 16[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2012. I was looking for 100% finance. My wife was shocked. There are few of reasons for this. Started with ALTO I landed up with a PUNTO emotion. For last one month or so I was telling here that we will buy a FORD FIGO. She was clue less about our future financials. I took her for a small bike ride in a rainy evening and explained why I decided for the PUNTO.

17[SUP]th [/SUP]June 2012 I got the call from HDFC and told them about my requirement and they agreed for 100% of ex showroom price with 11.25% interest rate. My wife had a preapproved loan in HDFC. I called all TATA motor show room in Bangalore for Quote [Concorde, Adaya, KHT, Prerana]. Only Concorde and prerana sent me the quotes which are almost identical.

18[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2012.I decided to book the car and visited prerana at 4:30 PM (It was a sunday). The Sales person shown me the car and as we already decide for the car we booked it without wasting much time. Only we negotiated for few more accessories which they agreed. The sales person promised me a delivery within 10/12 days. Next two weeks went on coordinating with bank and showroom people. Both bank and showroom were very approachable and active so things went very smoothly.

5[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2012. We were super excited as the car was supposed to get delivered. We started 9AM in the morning and reached the showroom at 11:15AM. This is first time I saw the car for the first time. The Sales person demonstrated the vehicle to us and we finished the paperwork, distributed sweets and drove back home with our new car.
    Want to thank bankbazar.com, PRERANA MOTORS (P) LTD and HDFC bank for a nice car buying experience.

1. Sale person: Naveen mob- 9686569484

2. I had used this tool for deciding petrol car or diesel.
    Diesel vs Petrol Car - Analysis | Aravinda VK

3. Looking forward to learn more about maintaining the car from you people.
    4. Still our driving training classes are in progress.

16 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations and wish Punto keeps you happy.

Nice to read your buying experience, please keep the thread updated with ownership experiences as well.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Congrats and wish you many more happy miles ahead with your Punto :)
  4. shams

shams Esperto

welcome to TFI and wishing you and your family many happy miles with your punto! :):)
    by the way, you didn't elaborate much about why you chose punto over other cars ;) and how did you convince your family for it..we would love to read more on that :)
  5. sungoa2010

Congrats for punto and you have taken a wise division by giving priority for safety. Wish a happy ownership experience.
  6. Congrats on your Punto.It is a wise upgrade from Alto.
  7. bkpabi

bkpabi Novizio

Today driven the punto for the first time. I parked it correctly to the parking place and felt confident behind the wheel. Till now I am only half way through my driving training classes.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Congrats for your new Ride :car & welcome to TFI :up
  9. sungoa2010

It is nice that you are going to drive Fiat as your first car. Learn well and drive safe.
    Note: Just observed the plastics in new car. Always better to ask the dealer to remove it or get rid of it as soon as possible. The temperature inside the vehicle will be slightly higher and these plastics can produce harmful gases that is not good for health.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Congratulations and welcome to the Fiat Family!