1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alto or Uno (Novo)..?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by asimpleson, Dec 23, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Aseem,

I had long back seen a 2 door Uno in RS Motors, I was told that it was imported by the owner into India.

Terrific car when it was launched, especially the 1.7L diesel engine. It was a mini rocket, simply used to love it pick up and ride quality.

When Fiat could plonk a 1.7L engine in a hatch 2 decades ago why are they providing us such under-powered engines now :(
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    They have proved to give extra powerful engines in past and now they are making the record for underpowered engines may be they want to hold both records :mad:;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    OT:

@GirishRaghu, one guy a parts dealer of Fiat even had a Uno with Turbo (the Siena variant), which had done some insane Mumbai-Bangalore record runs. A co-owner of RS Motors thought it to be too dangerous and illegal and forced this fellow's car to be removed of these performance mods. :D

I have seen that one you are mentioning, there were a couple of those I guess which were auctioned off I think after the tests and trials.
    prabhjot and GirishRaghu like this.