1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alternator conks off in Linea TJet - Wrong Diagnosis by Wasan

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by dj.nish, Jun 27, 2013.

1. varadharajan

varadharajan Timido

chennai
    Oh dear, exactly what's happening with my 2 year old t-jet - alternator not in stock and has to come from the factory. I've been told a week at least of wait since I am in chennai and fiat's factory is in maharashtra.

Is there anyway to speed this up ?
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    talk to the gm/ senior most person at the sc and request them to raise a request for the part under VOR (vehicle off road) category. For this type of request part is despatched by flight next day but the dealer has to bear the courier charges. It should reach the sc in 2 or 3 days.
    Ravi likes this.
  3. varadharajan

varadharajan Timido

chennai
    I did that - I have been told that alternators are imported and have to come from italy - so a week at least is what I have been told. I am a little disappointed that fiat does not have a single alternator spare in the whole of India or am I being suckered ?

It's raining heavily in chennai and I have to leave my car in the workshop which has half a foot of water for a week - that thought makes me uncomfortable.

Any work around - does anyone know anyone in fiat india ?
    Ravi likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you talk to Fiat or Dealer?
    If not yet done, do send email to their service email id and also include Mr Mangesh.
  5. varadharajan

varadharajan Timido

chennai
    Sorry - I am in chennai - I thought Mangesh was in Mumbai. How do I speak to someone at Fiat directly
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Could be. So you need to make sure that the part has been ordered under VOR. Best way to do this it to walk up to the spares counter and ask the guy to show the order.
  7. varadharajan

varadharajan Timido

chennai
    Hmm.. they do not have a spares counter visible outside - it is inside and my SA told me he will take care of it - he told me it will take a week for the part to come from italy which I find tough to believe - I can't belive there won't be a single alternator as a spare in the whole of India -

Since I am claiming this under warranty, I have been told that they have to do some paperwork - which I am sure is BS and they will take care of everything. 99 rpm ships the product in 1 day - quite ironic fiat by itself can't do this in a day
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  10. ndeep

ndeep Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    My Linea Tjet\s alternator to be replaced as the charging stopped as the red battey sign came on.

Car is 4.25 yrs old and now FASS Torrid has adviseda bill of 17000/=.

Can there be any alternate remedy? Is there no way it can be repaired?