1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alternater Whine audible through Blaupunkt THA 475 AMP

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by azeet_kumar, Aug 23, 2011.

1. I am facing problem with my Blau THA475 AMP. it is picking up alternator whine. has anyone confronted the same issue?
  2. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    think u have to change RC cables go for scosche RCA's or it may be due to improper wiring of the system which would cause such whining sound
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  3. samy, i am using PNP harness. can not do much. i have tried to ground the amp directly to battery , doesn't help.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

dont ground the amp to the battery. get a nice clean spot on the body, scrub the paint there and ground it there. after connection apply gel to scrubbed point.

i have struggled the alternator for almost 1 year in my previous car.

also reduce the gain on the amp a bit.
  5. punto9033

Hi azeet i am also facing the same problem with amp.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

it could be any one of the following:
    1) either grounding is not proper - in this case you shall hear a humming sound
    2) cables are not properly shielded
    3) amplifier has been installed at a location where it is picking up the alternator noise/disturbance

So you shall have to do trial and error till you succeed. I do not have experience with ICE, but I do have a lot of experience in playing around with audio stuff
  7. Grounded the AMP to body but doesnot resolved the problem. i will try to reduce the gain and then observe. Thanks for the advice. meanwhile have anyone tried alternator whine supressors?

hi speedjet,
    Alternator whine is slightly different in comparision to other noises like hum and ground loops. Its sound like whistle and its pitch varies with engine RPM. Cause is charger circuit in your car. It introduces a small amount of ac current in DC subsystem of the car which picked up by AMPS by its own power lines.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. punto9033

so azeet what will be the solution for this..
  9. punto9033

thanks mr.speedjet for your suggestions but i am not able to reduce it
  10. hmmmmm.. punto 9033, i am not able to solve this till date.
    1. i have connected 10000 microfarad capacitor with power supply at AMP end. does not resolved the issue.
    2. ground the AMP directly from battery . it slightly reduced the whistling.
    i will do following :
    1. connect my amp directly through battery (+ve). presently AMP is taking power form head unit harness. Just to reduce impedance betweem AMP and Battery.
    2. If Above does not work, i will try to use a filter. In reviews filter pyramid is rated good.