1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alternate route to Kozhikode (Calicut)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by clash81, Jan 19, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Not really related to the route to Calicut.
    Here is an easy way to avoid traffic and reach Mysore road from East Bangalore. I took the Sarjapur road- Hosa road(Amrutha college road)- Hosur road-Nice road- Mysore road when driving home a well a coming back. You can save a lot of time as well as avoid all the Bangalore traffic. Toll-Rs.80, but worth it.
    1 person likes this.
  2. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Krishna and Thulasi for your inputs.

@Krishna, If I start around 11AM-12PM, which route is likely to be faster?

@Thulasi, yes If it is via Mysore, I will be taking Nice toad to Kengeri.
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The longer route via Chamarajanagar will be less stressful with sparse traffic even with a longer distance. You could choose either with the starting time you have quoted. By the way the route via Chamarajanagar has very few good places to stop for a lunch/food break.

Bangalore - Mysore - Nanjangud route during daytime will be stressful with traffic being quite heavy.
    2 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    agree with krishna here!
    since its on a weekend, and during daytime, i would strongly suggest you to take this route ( NH 209) as it has very less traffic compared to mysore road, road is also scenic. you can also stop by river cauvery and sip a cup of tea at a roadside stall. NH209 is in excellent condition most of the times. i have taken this route many times for ooty to an fro till gundlupet. you would leave NH209 at chamarajnagar and come on state highway till gundlupet for about 40 kms. this road is also good enough to drive without any problems.

For food you can stop at gokul which is a decent restaurant at kanakapura. Its in the market area near to state bank and is difficult to sight sometimes. right side when going from bangalore. opens around noon.
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks everyone again for your suggestions. I did take the NH209, the road was good and drive enjoyable.
  6. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Friends,

Here I am with the same query again. For an early morning start from Bangalore (4AM -5AM) to Kozhikode on 2nd October, which road would be better? Mysore road or NH209? Thanks in advance for your views :)

Cheers,
    Satheesh
  7. If you are starting at 4am , I would prefer Bangalore-Mysore SH. I am travelling in that route on the same day :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3

Thanks Praveen. Will be taking this route mostly. Btw... where are you heading to? :)