1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alpine MRP 500

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by mindsipn, Sep 13, 2011.

1. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What wiring kit do u have, alot depends on that

also avoid the alpine amp, service here in india is very poor(hopeless) and they have a very sharp(read bright) sound signature, given your setup a kenwood mono is sufficient
    u can look at KAC-8105D(500-600wrms) or 9105D(800wrms) they will cost u below 15k with bill and warranty

is your subwoofer 2 ohms or 4 ohms, if it is 2 ohms then better buy a 2 channel amp, it has better control and slightly less power, so u'll get better control on the thumping and kicks. As for the two channel u can look at kenwood KAC-7205 will give around 500wrms at 4 ohms(need 2 ohm subwoofer) and will be priced around 10k with bill and warranty
  3. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Thanks for you suggestion Jasveen, but does brightness play any role for a mono amp, I might be wrong but AFAIK Mono amp deals with the low/bass frequencies right?

I was thinking of Alpine as it looked compact and pretty :D and was thinking of placing it next to the Focal 4 in my trunk. And besides I will get it around 9 - 10 K from my installer so I thought its a good deal. But at the moment its not available at least another couple of weeks . So I guess what you have said about the Alpine service might be true. I just compared the specifications of both the amp and they seem pretty similar though.

I do see MRP 500 the specification recommends 8-gauge power and ground leads. Is it because these offers more resistance hence making the Amp be more efficient ? I m not sure exactly. What do you think?

But anyways, I will ask my installer about KAC-8105D availability and pricing.

About my Sub : Its a Polk db 1040 SVC 4 Ohm (270 Watts). I m planning to go for a Class D amp as I thought that would be more efficient then a 2 channel. If I go for a 2- Ch amp (Class AB) will drain more from the battery which i dont want. Beside I might upgrade to 2 10 " sub somewhere down the line! And my current set up has a Class AB amp already.

Please let me know your thoughts !

Thanks again!
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rest is completely your call
    Alpine - cheaper buy 2-3k but very bad service and not the best performance
    Kenwood - expensive but the best VFM amp out there today within 15k and one of the easiest and the fastest repairs if needed any. After this u don need another mono even if u add 3 10" polk 1040 subs
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  5. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Thanks so much Again for the detail explanation Jasveen! Its really helpful!!
    I havent heard or seen neither of them but have read great reviews about both on Amazon !.. But ya service is one major concern I have which i dont want to compromise on and that is also one of the reasons I m not sourcing it from US which will workout much cheaper for me!
    But what you have mentioned I guess I might just go for Kenwood Mono if I do get one. Now I will just wait till I hear from my installer about its price and availability

You have a great day !