1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Almost decided Punto 1.3 MJD red hot but now thinking linea classic...?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by raj_siripuram, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Guys,

After all TD done on different cars figo,swift,grand i10, i20, amaze, polo...I kind of almost decided Punto 1.3 MJD and planning to buy in nov or dec'13 time frame. I dont have specific points to bring now why i have shortlisted this car as everybody knows the matter in it...then i tried to decide which color should i go..? Red/White. my wife choice is red and mine is both(but my first love with pearl white). probably exotica red good be a good for my maintainence going forward rather white especially in rainy season :) you may help me on this please

As i have budget of max 8 lacs, i recently got to know from SA in hyderabad that they are giving good discounts on linea classic+ too so i am just rethinking if that model fits in my budget should i go with that vechicle or not?

i have not TD yet but i know the facts that features and engine wise punto and lines classsic are same so it just sedan feeling that i may be looking at now...

as you are experts please advise me on this. If it is punto, i read some threads that new PUNTO EVA is on the away in 2014 so is it really worth waiting till it launched...

one of Fiat SA in hyd is offering good deals like ORP is around 7.6lacs as of now so shall i wait till december so that i could get little more savings(7.5lacs) if possible???

Plzzzzz help me guys...
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Its upto you to decide whether you need a sedan or an hatchback. If you are into long trips with heavy baggage then you should opt for Linea. If you are a city traveller and occasional highway driving with light luggage then Punto is more than sufficient for you. Just because the sedan is affordable, dont choose it. Parking a sedan in tight city spots is a real pain.

You can try the Punto 90 HP if that interests you.
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

I would suggest to test drive the classic and the Linea (Non-classic), since you are thinking of a sedan as well. Classic will be a no-frills car compared to the higher models.

Also see if you can stretch your budget (may be by delaying the buy) which will give you an opportunity to look at slightly higher models. From my experience, as a typical Indian Car buyer we look at cars as more than a means of transport, and we tend to keep these for at-least 5 years, so investing a little will pay us with wider smiles.

If the car is majorly for city drives, my vote would go for the Punto...
  4. Thanks guys.

Could you help me on price part too? currently the dealer is offering 65k cash discount and one of my colleage who is having punto suggestiing me to wait for december so you might save additional 10k or so. I am guessing the dealer may give on road price of about 7.4-7.5 lacs for 75 emotion model.

+ clarify me on this confusion please...

as you are experts please advise me on this. If it is punto, i read some threads that new PUNTO EVA is on the away in 2014 so is it really worth waiting till it launched
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If your driving is mostly in City, go for the Punto, where as if you are frequent highway cruiser with baggage Linea is the one,
    But anyways you will have the great drive and comfort in both of these.
  6. It's Punto Evo, nope i don't think Evo would be coming to india, rather the Global 2012Punto will come to India. As for Linea Classic, please, please, consider the good old Linea Active. With 1Lakh discount you will get a better car for lesser price compared to the Classic+!
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore