1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alloys + Reverse parking sensors + Night breaker/ Philips xtreme head lamps

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by tjet, Jun 17, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There are no filters which can be "cut".

There are blue bands around the bulb which supposedly give the light emitted a whitish tinge. See pic.

All 'performance' bulbs will have service life less than the factory ones. Taking a conservative estimate, if they last one year, its ok in my book. Ideally , they should see around 1.5-2 years of use.

The point is , if i get the extra safety of more light on the highway and city , i can justify the extra i have to pay for these bulbs, plus the shorter service life. Taking into account that the low beam on the Linea is not really encouraging.

The service life of Night Breaker was mentioned as 320 hours (similar figure for Philips Xtreme Power) . And the NB Plus is advertised as having 50% more life than the NB. That makes it ~480 hours (on paper).

Gurjinder.

OSRAM_Nightbreaker_Plus1233576.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gurjinder paaji, I request you to make the same post in the 100/90/ Punto headlight upgrade thread as well so that it can be helpful for those who read that thread in future.

- Are these "white light" emitting bulbs street legal? I think there should not be any problem as they are basically 60/55W H4 bulbs only.
    - Also, the stock specs mention P43t or something. What's that?
    - Should I fear the headlight assembly plastic getting blackened after using these bulbs?

Even I am considering to get these bulbs and I am confused between OSRAM NB plus and Philips Extreme power. A lot of idiots drive with high beams and it is time to teach them a lesson.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks Gurjinder for bringing life to my post . The filter what I meant was this blue coating only. Sorry if I made a wrong impression. What I meant was it would filter out the yellow light & make it white.

Then regarding Paddle's query..
    - Are these "white light" emitting bulbs street legal? I think there should not be any problem as they are basically 60/55W H4 bulbs only.
    Well at some places cops are catching fellows with white lights. I think in b'lore they are little strict on this.
    - Also, the stock specs mention P43t or something. What's that?
    No Idea.
    - Should I fear the headlight assembly plastic getting blackened after using these bulbs?
    The amount of heat generated is much less compared to higher (90/100 W) . So the chances of plastic getting blackened is almost NIL.
    If white light is not a problem for you, then you can opt for NB + as it is the latest and claimed to be the Best product available in India.
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi,
    I am part of tribe that believes that the low beam in Linea is extremely poor, though the high beam (in the city atleast) is quite decent, and therefore am looking for an upgrade for the low beam.
    I have a few questions:
    - Is the output of Philips Xtreme Power Cool Daylight (Blue-White to the eye) or Yellow / Warm White? Cinju has clearly stated that NB+ is White.
    Edit: Philips is Yellow / Warm White
    - Isn't putting a yellow lamp a much better idea? It sees less scatter, esp in rain / fog (should help you see further away), and is more visible to the eye. Apart from the theory, I have noticed this at home where I now use only yellow (Warm-White) tubes at home, instead of the traditional blue ones - they provide more brightness to the rooms with the same power rating, and look more pleasing to the eye IMHO.

Edit: Found the answer to the first question on this thread. Cross posting the second question there as well.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    abk..just wanted to add one more thing. What I meant white is not tube like white. It is as you said..Blue-White to the eye..
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Guys!

This is a post from NB+ user. First things first, NB+ is NOT WHITE, Its only bright yellow. Its not that cool blue type. Before our buying, Aneesh bought it from UK and we did a practical test of NB+ with the stock of two cars (mine and NitinDBAs). The results were exceptional and sue in fav of NB+ by yards. We have also done few weeks before n another check of Extreme power(Dilip DMKs) with stock and that time we did not find these too much better (test in underground parking at Noida on 02.01.2011, pics may be there at meet@delhi thread). We also have pics from our other test but I would request to Aneesh to locate it. It was pretty long ago around Feb I think.

Another aspect, H1 of NKapoor really dazzle and he is also using NB+.
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sir ji,

is there anything available like NB+ but with slight white light...????

how come these skoda's and other premium cars comes with typical white light producing lamps..?????ain't they illegal @ court of law???
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    here are the pics...

lower two pics are for low beam.

and thnx Aneesh for unearthing them and sending it to me. Right car (white or minimal grey) is on stock and the dark grey is on NBP.

high_beam_stock.jpg

high_beam_nbp.jpg

low_beam_stock.jpg

low_beam_nbp.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  9. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Thnx Ravi for ur help.
  10. vijayant sir
    can you post a pic of the headlamps in on postition.
    i need a comparo of the light in the headlamps

like you face the cars. one with fiat bulb and the other with NB+.
    click a pic and post here please.