1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alloys + Reverse parking sensors + Night breaker/ Philips xtreme head lamps

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by tjet, Jun 17, 2011.

1. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello My dear TjETs,

I am a new member of Team FIAT India :) I reside in Bangalore!

I have booked Linea TjET TUSCAN Wine. My Jet will arrive soon! I need some suggestions from anyone of you.

1. Alloys: I am planning to alloy my 195/60 wheels! Kindly suggest me the better brand, price and PCD number. Which is the best shop to buy alloys?

2. Reverse Parking sensors: Fiat says 4500 INR for a normal sensor. It is 2250 outside. I heard that rear bumper warranty will be gone if fitted outside! I need a sensor with Camera. How much does it cost and where do we get in Bangalore? Would there be any problem if fitted outside? Please advice.

3. Head lamps: Its a big matter of concerns for all tJETS who love to fly on highways! Heard that Company provided head lamps aren't good. So suggest me which is the best!? I also want to know the reliability. I want a better one which doesn't need xtra relay cut out fittings as I have had a better bitter experience in my Verna :-(

Thank you :)
    tJet
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Welcome TJet and many congratulations. Wish you happy miles ahead.

#1. Go for MOMO CORSE hyper silver, you can even think of 17" low-profile tyres, these are bit expensive compared to other brands, but the best one and yes these are available in 98 PCD. You may need to wait for sometime after placing the orders (Image http://www.momo88.com/sitepix/products/momo_corse_silver.jpg) Bangalore Dealers http://www.kumarsauto.com/

#2 Reverse parking you can check at Kumars Auto if you are going for alloys

#3 . Only Low beam needs some upgrade, high beam is super. When you change the lowbeam, just make sure of the power ratings and there is no need to add any relay.

If you do change the low beam, please let us know your experience, cost and the location. I too reside in bangalore and wanting to change the Lowbeam
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  3. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you Vasudev. I am very pleased with your reply :) I shall consider your advice. Lemme look into low beam. Cheers :)

Fly Tjet :)
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    tjet, i'd recommend 16" wheels over 17's. They just aren't meant for our roads. You'll have to run an aspect ratio of something like 45, and that is way too low.

My take :-
    Ideally - 15" wheels.
    Acceptable -16"s

Osram Night Breaker Plus H7 ( Linea Low Beam) retail for around Rs.1250. You may wanna try 'em out.

Cheers

Gurjinder.
  5. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thank you Gurjinder :) I heard OSRAM Night breaker's life is 3 months! Is it true? Is philips xtreme good? Please advice!?

Also, when it comes to alloys, my TJet comes with 195 tyres. Will there be any improvement in fuel efficiency, breaking and better ride quality by allyoiNG my jet?! I was told that PLATI alloys (looked too good) set of 5 will be 22500! whats ur direction in this concern?

6. Linea Tjet has alloys as it is if i am not wrong... what more alloying you wanted to do??
    Plati are good wheels. but not as good as momo..
    plus 22500 seems to be a bit higher for that brand
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    T jet+ has 16 inch alloys with 205 tyres. T jet has steel rims
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'll be switching over to Night breaker plus next week, and by all accounts three months is too pessimistic a guess. I expect atleast an year out of these bulbs,

Negligible, yes. Drastic, no.

So, do make an informed choice and please take time out to read up threads related to your queries. You'll find all the answers.

Gurjinder
  9. tjet

tjet Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Sri,

Mine is not tJet plus, its TJet with steel rims on 195 tyres!
    Yes, even I felt 22500 is high for Plati. Shall look for Momo. Any idea on Momo pricing?

Cheers

I shall go by your advice. Shall get Night breaker for sure. Can't wait till next week!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    TJet

Kumars is the only authorised dealer for MOMO in Bangalore, hence gave that address. Visit JC road and see if the dealers can source MOMO for you, but beware of duplicates.

I vouch for MOMO because of the quality, call them and check it out http://www.kumarsauto.com/contactus.html.

If you need better mileage 15" would be good. Atleast 0.5 does make a difference in the long run. 15" would cost around 28K set of 4, please contact them for the latest pricing. If you intend to use 15", use the existing stock tyres with the new alloys.

If MOMO is out then in JC Road is the best place. you can get the alloys for less than 20K for set of 5, you need to do some research.

ALWAYS GO FOR 98 PCD ALLOYS, GOOD FOR THE CAR

All the best and when are you getting the CAR delivered ? We all are waiting for the pics :)
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011