1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Alloy Wheel Distortion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by KKAUL, May 19, 2015.

1. opendro

opendro Timido

KKAUL, as far as I know, alloys do bent under circumstances and it is not specific to FIAT alloys alone.
  2. Prajay Madhavan

Prajay Madhavan Timido

Linea T-Jet
    Well, I have never heard of cases where Alloy wheel bends. it is made to be more resistant to bends. At the max it can crack and break open, but have never seen them bent.. can you post some pictures to clarify. May be measure the different diameters with a tape..
  3. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    To all

Please understand it is not bending of alloys. Alloys when manufactured have certain amount of run out if I am correct then it is 50 micron on the outer diameter. During running they are under stress and if they are not good then run out increases and the alloys tend to loose their circularity. Bending is a phenomena where the run out is not in the diametrical direction but in the lateral direction this happens usually due to a hit or mishandling. I hope I have explained it properly.Though it is said that load carrying capacity for certain alloy no. is same for all but it very much depends on the type of aluminium alloy you are using , The machine you are using and the process you are using for production. There are several machine on which alloys can be cast and machined. I don't want to go i the technical detail because it will be waste because many won't understand.

If these were not the factors then how come Chinese or Thai alloys are cheaper as compared to Taiwanese
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.