1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All new XUV 500 W8 :)

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kailasmenon2000, Sep 2, 2014.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Design is a subjective thing. Some people find the Linea grille very old school, some call the old Punto "lizard'' like.
    I felt soft touch plastics in a few places and honestly, nothing too harder than my Linea. I need to drive a Storme/Aria quite a bit to compare ride quality, but I did not find the fit-finish of the Storme too great. Also, the drivers seat feels a bit narrow in the Storme .And the dashboard is too spartan for the price. But I would drive one to comment better.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip Any chance you have a closeted, disavowed desire to buy an....Avventura?! ;-)

Wait like I will be for either the bigger Fiat SUV, or the Jeep C-Suv (Renegade-sibling) in 2016?
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

@prabhjot, if they made the Avventura larger, wider and plonked in the 1.6 mjd, I would buy it in a heartbeat. As far as Jeep products go, I'd wait and watch. They should have established the brand via CKD route by now, and then tempted buyers with 'affordable' versions by 2016. Would they be able to compete in the 10-13 lac category?
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip: that sounds exactly like the specs of the Fiat B-Suv (Grande Avventura? ;-)) for the Auto Expo, early 2016.

You're right Jeep needs to play above 16-18 lakhs ex-showroom, leaving room for the B-Suv at Duster prices or below, AND the 500X in between. Am not sure of the economics of it, but my sense is that segment size and trends do indeed justify a push into the C2+D1 segments with these terrific new Suv/Cuv-s, which will have a lot of shared components esp the 1.5 mjd and the t-jet+transmissions.