1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All new XUV 500 W8 :)

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by kailasmenon2000, Sep 2, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    You can't say it an upgrade actually. If Im buying a Jetta, Octavia, Fluence, Audi, BWW sedans, then its a real upgrade. This is all together a different vehicle. The ride & handling quality of Linea or any other good sedan can't be compared with a XUV. A sedan is a sedan & a SUV is a SUV. Thats what I feel now :)
  2. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Thank you fiatlover...Yes, they have become a lot better these days. But, their cars tend to age faster. Thats what I always felt. Also I don't like 99% of their designs. There was a time I loved their design. And those cars are Tata Sierra & Tata Estate :)
  3. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    Cornering confidence...Only in Linea!!
    bharath likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    When you say standby, does it means that the fuel is cut off and its not alive, isnt this more of a fuel consuming issue. Coz every ignition more fuel is pumped into chambers and compressed to ignite. Thats the basic principle.
  5. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    The purpose for this is to save fuel only. The engine completely shut down. I've read many articles that suggest to turn off the ignition if there is a waiting time of more than 20s. It'll help saving fuel. Most of the signals now a days are from 30-180s. Normally we don't bother to turn off ignition out of laziness. This feature is helpful in those cases. And the engine starts as soon as you depress the clutch. You don't waste any time too, unlike finding the key & turning it on in a hurry burry.
    zenwalker likes this.
  6. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
  7. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    On the micro hybrid, will your AC be working still when the engine shuts down?
  8. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    No..Only the fan will be working. But as we know, there will be cooling from the vent for at least a minute. So that won't be an issue :)
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The engine cut off timing is configurable?
  10. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey Bro,

Congrats on your new purchase. So you have best of both the worlds :).

Hope Mahindra has sorted out the electric problems that the car had when the car was launched initially.

Wish you a happy all terrain ride with your new Kid.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.