1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

All New 2013 Fiat Linea T-jet Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by N Kiran, Jun 10, 2013.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Nirosh called me this morning and I asked her when the Demo car would be arriving at the dealership. She said that, I would be the first person to be informed when that happens :D

If it comes before this weekend and is available for a TD, then I am game for it. Suman as mentioned earlier is also contemplating on the same. Lets make a mini meet out of this oppurtunity if everything materialises. I hope our Hyderabadi Stig Brothers (aka vj_v1 and Hurricane) do make it to the TD.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Enjoy, T-Jet ad -

7 people like this.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Good to see the ad, and I hope they air it a lot in the coming days.

In this ad, they are claiming T-Jet as india's only turbocharged petrol engine, which is misleading IMHO. They have got a very good product at a very sweet pric epoint - now what is the point of having these tall claims which may again dilute the credibility?
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    superb ad by Fiat..y is Fiat showing old T-Jet instead of showing new T-Jet in this ad?

- - - Merged Post - - -
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  6. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Because what they have done is combined the old ad of T-Jet with the Superman clip. I distinctly remember the Sunbeam Beige T-Jet ad when it was launched.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Cant help but notice that Gap in the glove box?
    Does it really involve rocket science to fix that?
    almost 5 years since Punto's and Linea's have been here,this was the most easiest thing to fix,yet nothing
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  8. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Guys, Tell me one thing. Which one is more expensive to maintain? MJD or TJet? After the company warranty is over; in a long run which will be pocket friendly? Also is the current Tjet more fuel efficient than the older one?
  9. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    See I did this calculation when I myself was in the predicament of petrol and diesel. And diesel won in my case although I am a petrohead so this T-jet is really teasing me now but anyhow.

Lets take Linea Tjet Emotion and Linea Mjd Emotion.

Tjet comes in for Rs. 8,80,000/- and Mjd comes for Rs. 9,61,000/- (ex. showroom prices, delhi) approx.
    And the on road prices of tjet and mjd are Rs. 9,50,000/- and 10,85,000/- respectively. Difference between the two being Rs. 1,35,000/-

price of petrol is Rs. 64/- per litre and diesel is Rs. 50/- per litre.
    Lets say your daily run in your car is 60 kms making it 1800 kms in a month. Make it 2000 kms. 24,000 kms a year

At 12 kmpl Tjet will cost you Rs. 10,666/- a month which makes it Rs. 70,600/- a year
    And at 17 kmpl Mjd will cost you Rs. 5,883/- a month which makes it Rs. 1,27,990/- a year.

So every year you save Rs. 57,390/- on fuel on a running car. So with the Mjd, you get ahead of the Tjet in the third year in terms of the price difference of Rs. 1,35,000/-. Now also keep in mind that the maintenance cost of a diesel car is higher.
    According to this calculation, you get the advantage after three years of paying more while buying your diesel car.

And if your daily run is less, say not more than 40-50 kms there is no smartness in buying a diesel car monetarily. Unless you have different reasons or a different perspective towards diesel and petrol engines.

So, this is the analysis according to me which I am sure many people must have done before buying . And also my personal view towards this whole petrol-diesel fight. So make a wise decision. Listen to your heart. One may buy a mjd and do 10 kms a day or buy a tjet and do 80 kms a day. Free will!!!
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Here is another way of looking at it:

Considering the same costs / parameters as above post:

Petrol Vs Fuel.JPG

This is assuming that you buy a petrol car and invest the difference in the initial cost. As you can see, even with a zero risk FD investment, you will extend the break even period from 2.5 years to 3.5 years. With shrewd investment, that would become 5.95 years. Wondering how to get 22% PA returns from a FD based investment? Check this out.

Benefits from this approach:

1. Lower initial investment on the car
    2. You get to enjoy driving a smooth revving petrol car
    3. Maintenance costs of a petrol car are lower than a diesel car
    4. End of 6 years, you have 3 Lakhs cash, to use for a new car

Think about it. I do not see this approach being discussed much. Hence thought of bringing in a new perspective to the buying decision.

Rajan
    9 people like this.